Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
You're much better off buying the entire fuel pump. Depending on what year you have they're like $50 on eBay. Just pay attention to mileage on the bike it came from (salvagers often state this).

I've replaced just the motor once. Won't do it again. It's a lot more work. And the fuel filter is in the housing (the thing that looks like a filter is just a strainer to catch the big chunks) so if your filter is clogged a new motor won't fix it. In fact it may kill the new one in short order.

Lifetime warranty sounds good until you realize you have to do all the labor to take it back out, clean it up and mail it back. It's like a guarantee on a puppy. Who ever actually returns one? Much less for a $75 item.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,789 Posts

the regulator is the little round piece at the bottom right of this pic. you can see it's part of the plastic casing, and has a return hole to let excess pressure back into the tank. you can't replace this part only.

there's no guarantee that this is the problem, but i suspect it probably is. you should flow test your fuel pump before ordering a new one, it's not hard to do.

but no, you cannot just replace that part, it's integral to the assembly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bat-1, thank you! I didn't think they'd be so cheap and I'll definitely look into that.

Wibbly thanks for sharing you knowledge again!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I got two used ones off Ebay last year. I did a bench flow test to test mine at 38k miles vs. both of the used ones that were at about 10k miles. The used ones both flowed better than my original. I took them all apart and cleaned them out and used the best pieces from all three and had good luck with the rebuilt one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts