Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody on here uses Engine Ice as coolant. I was told that was ok to run on the track. Is this true or not. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yes, tracks accept it. That's what I use on my track days. It works the same if not better than regular antifreeze. Your bike will probably run a couple of degrees cooler.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I was wondering if anybody on here uses Engine Ice as coolant. I was told that was ok to run on the track. Is this true or not. Thanks
not ALL tracks accept it, as it is still slick when wet, though it does dry alot better than standard coolant,

if you want to be 100% track safe, get a bottle of water wetter and some distilled water and be on your merry way.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
not ALL tracks accept it, as it is still slick when wet, though it does dry alot better than standard coolant,

if you want to be 100% track safe, get a bottle of water wetter and some distilled water and be on your merry way.
:+1: a lot of the organizers around here don't allow engine ice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sorry about that, the tracks I have been to have all allowed it.

The reason I don't like Water Wetter is because it has a freezing point of something like 20 or 30 degrees (not sure of the exact number). Engine Ices freezing point is well below zero so I don't have to flush it out of my bike every winter.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
so technically you wouldn't have to drain out the coolant before storage using engine ice? I ask that because it's never gotten below -20 degrees were I live in new york. and if the freezing point is -27 degrees then I'm assuming it wouldn't be necessary to do so.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
so technically you wouldn't have to drain out the coolant before storage using engine ice? I ask that because it's never gotten below -20 degrees were I live in new york. and if the freezing point is -27 degrees then I'm assuming it wouldn't be necessary to do so.

right, at or around -27 it will freeze, so if your above that, your fine

The freezing point seems like a good deal, but my main concern was about tracks allowing it.
its far more accepted than standard, how ever the 100% option is water wetter and distilled water, if you run EI, besure to call your track for verification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts