Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most probably don't. I just got off riding an older bike and I always had to carry some bare minimum tools. I always have a backpack, on my bike or driving my car. I'm always using my meter and screwdriver, and that comes in handy quite often in my life. So, daily riders.. Do you carry any tools when you ride?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
yeah, i carry the tool kit, and a few zipe ties, cotter pins and misc. screws and bolts.
plus (for road trips)
some duct tape wrapped around a short piece of a drinking straw.
air guage
bicycle multi tool with allen wrenches
18" of .32 SS safety wire

·
Registered
836 Posts
along with the allen key screw driver, bolts, and dough...i also bring a couple extra fuses

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It seems to me my bike may be missing the tool kit..
The later bikes did not come with one....well you got probably a 5mm allem wrench & a helmet lock cable

I had to buy mine off ebay to get a mostly complete Honda kit.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
ever since i got BB's mini bat, yea, i cary damn near a full tool box ... in my battery tray ;)

hand full of zipties, roll of elect tape, spare fuses
2 3/8 ratches with 8, 10, 12, 14mm sockets (2 of every thing)

short, medium, and long extensions, and a u-joint.

8, 10, 12 and 14 mm wrenches

full allen key set, an adjustable, small bundle of safety wire, few spare nuts bolts and washers of varying sizes and lengths.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i don't at the moment but that seems like a great idea to put registration/insurance card in there...Thanks!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
yup. gots what i need the toolbox

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
More stuff for long trips, but everyday stuff I carry is:

Zipties
5mm T handle wrench
full allen set
tire pressure gauge
bicycle lock cable
Master combo lock
Sharpie
helmet loop thingy
some tape
spare earplugs
a paper towel
3/8" 12mm allen socket head for removing frame sliders if necessary.

you can actually fit a lot of useful stuff in the trunk of the 07...if you really pack it tight.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I carry my supplied tool kit, as well as some extra zipties! .....thats all! My honda is just do damn reliable that I probably will never need to use the kit! :banger:

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
dont have tools, theres not much you could do side of the road.
i call shenanigans on that statement, if you have the tools, and the know how, you can fix just about any issue road side as you can in your garage, roadside doesn't make things magically unfix-able

you never know when a bolts going to rattle loose and your pegs fall off or something similar.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts