Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in if it felt like an upgrade or just a side step to another bike. I realise on paper it has more BHP but in the real world it doesn't always transfer to being a faster bike.
I will try get a test ride organised so I can do the comparison myself but interested how others found the change.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would that sound funny to you exactly? Have you ridden the 899 and its that much better or are you under rating the 600rr?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
'upgrade' is a pretty subjective term. Also, the application matters greatly. It's easy to convince yourself it's better, but then again, if you want it and get it, then it *is* better, in a certain sense.

The 899 is the only thing I can think of that I'd be interested in, since if I got rid of my 600, I'd want to get something that offers a different riding experience.

The frozen white with red wheels is siiiiick

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think anyone can argue that they don't look awesome.
I've been a big fan of the 1199 for a while, my mate has a S version. But there's a lot of reviews about now that the 899 could be the better road bike so I've started taking an interest in the 899. Some people are saying perfect power and some say they don't feel that quick. I know the gsxr 750 out performs it so I guess that puts them in the same realms as a 600?? Which isn't what I'm looking for in my next bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I agree. I know lads who swear by them but for me I want to try something other than an inline 4.
As you know Hondas are great in every situation which in a weird way can leave you cold and not involved. When I hear and see my mates panigale I just think how awesome it would be to have one.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Idk...marking departments exist for a reason, and my CBR definitely does leave me feeling uninvolved so to have a bike that is essentially more of a handfull would probably get old quick unless I had a second bike that was a more relaxing enjoyment.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I've never thrown a leg over a 1098, 1198 or 848, but a couple people I know that owned them (and also a lot of online reviews and rider's notes) would almost uniformly remark that the bike 'was hard to ride', which always seemed like a weird kind of 'involving' to me :crackup:

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I've never thrown a leg over a 1098, 1198 or 848, but a couple people I know that owned them (and also a lot of online reviews and rider's notes) would almost uniformly remark that the bike 'was hard to ride', which always seemed like a weird kind of 'involving' to me :crackup:
Lol exactly, or raw instead of unfinished...

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you put an average track day rider on a track on a 600RR and then an 899...I'd venture a guess that lap times would be about the same.

I'd also venture a guess that the 600RR would be easier to ride for most. The 899 would be capable of faster lap times, but only a very small % of riders can ride a 600RR to it's limits anyway.

my $.02

·
Registered
874 Posts
I really love the way the panigale's look. It's the only bike I actually like more than the 600rr in terms of looks. But I wouldn't buy one. Too expensive and not reliable enough... Honda offers way better reliability and for a better price. The ducati is good eye candy tho.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
That rear head pipe is the eyesore of all eyesores though.
Agreed, the white version above looks much better; that Termi 'hole' ruins the whole look.

OP, if you want more power or something different you'll just have to test ride all the available options and decide yourself. Somene's perception of the differences can be highly subjective.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
As the X said. There's no comparison. The 899 has a ton of grunt and pull compared to our 600s. I road one on the track beating the snot out of it lol

While its a HUGE downgrade to the 1199 (apples an oranges though) ....it is definitely pulls compared to our bikes.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts