Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Newbie here been lurking for quite awhile and been looking at an 04 600rr that has a Salvaged Certificate. It was picked up from a wrecker and so I ran the Vin # at DMV. The lady said that I need a CHP inspection, and then an inspection from a motorcycle shop to check headlight operation and the brakes on the bike?
has anyone ever dealt with this sort of thing? If so am I looking at a huge headache or is it pretty easy to handle?
Ive rode the bike and its salvaged due to theft recovery (odometer wires were snipped) but fixed by new owner and no signs of a lay down at all (bar ends, swing arm, rear pegs, etc)

Any info would be helpful. Thanks guys

N

·
0 Posts
Go to the DMV and pick up paperwork on registering salvaged vehicles--you may have to ask an employee. After you have finished bringing the bike back to life using STOCK parts, take the bike to the dealership for brake/headlight inspection. I believe they charged me $39 or $49 for this (keep the receipt--make sure it states brake light inspection). Then take the bike to the CHP for certification and inspection. <----bring all your receipts you bought to use to fix the bike. <--can't remember if there was a cost for this. I don't think there was.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the bike is fixed already... all it needed was 3 wires runnin down the left side of the frame put back on. Everything else works fine. Previous owner has already fixed it all. It is all stock minus the turn signals and FE. Would I have problems by not having any receipts? the bike is complete.

Thanks

N

·
0 Posts
jplasse said:
well the bike is fixed already... all it needed was 3 wires runnin down the left side of the frame put back on. Everything else works fine. Previous owner has already fixed it all. It is all stock minus the turn signals and FE. Would I have problems by not having any receipts? the bike is complete.

Thanks
Nah, I don't think you'll have problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well lets hope not, because I went and picked it up tonight, 2004 600RR... PPG white with black accents, new back tire, good front tire, 6200 miles, for 4grand. everything works and is complete, needs really nothing. Wrong time of year to be buyin I guess but its not as bad in Cali. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts