Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get lots of annoying, load 'harmonic' vibration from the top edge of their ZG Double Bubble windscreen? The vibration stops the second I touch the top edge with my hand.

Any tricks to overcome this? I assume it's doing this becuase the material is thinner than stock and flexes more since it's larger than stock...

·
Registered
971 Posts
hmm. I have been getting a strange noise recently that I can't figure out. The best way I can describe it, is it sounds like a dry or rusty chain (which mine definitely isnt), or high pitched wind noise. I will have to check it out to see if its my new Fabri d/b. Kind of hard to locate the sound, since it only happens at speed, and when i move my head to hear where its coming from, I get too much noise from my helmet.

Is yours more like a low vibration? Like a humming sound?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Remember, the factory designs the windscreen thick and with all those funky lips and edges to make the screen part of the structure. When you put a thin, flat part in its place, you get these effects. Perhaps some rubber washers might quell some of the vibration.....?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may try a 1/4" wide piece of black dynomat all the way across the inside top edge of the windscreen. Dynomat if a vert dense noise and vibration damping material (with adhesive on one side) used for car stera installations...

It may be annotying to look through the windshield and see a solid strip at the top though. But the sound bothers me just as much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts