Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a place by my house wheres theres a stop light and then you get on the interstate its a pretty stright shot. So at the stop light im in 1st lean forward and when it turns red just give the bike everything its got, putting my head as much as i can behind the stock shield, keepin it in first gear. At about 9000rpms the bike starts coming up about 4-5 inchs and i can ride it out for a good bit. First time i did it scared the bajesus outa of me now i love doing it. I weight 125, and have a stock 03rr, just wondering if anyone else gets this?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its a wheelie, but ive never had one just come up like that with out clutchin it or bounching it. Was just wondering

·
Registered
947 Posts
lilguns said:
yes thats called a wheelie

NOW THATS FUNNY - I DONT CARE WHO YA ARE!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Take it to the track. Keep the stupid squidly sh*t off the streets. Mototrcyclists have it hard enough without asshats like you pullin' stuff like this on public roads.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yea, im about 130, and thats happened to me a couple times, but i like to keep both wheels on the ground, a lot safer

·
Registered
250 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
Take it to the track. Keep the stupid squidly sh*t off the streets. Mototrcyclists have it hard enough without asshats like you pullin' stuff like this on public roads.
:icon_salu yes sir

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
ILLstunter said:
oh yea shocker check out the stunt section
I don't care what people do in a controlled environment, such as what I do on the track. It's when stupidity takes over and riders endanger themselves and other's on public highways that infuriates me. We have a crappy reputaion in the general public's eyes, and when stuff like "stunting" on highways happen, it doesn't help at all. Take it to a controlled environment, shows, stunt-wars, etc... but keep it off the roads is all i'm talking about.

·
Registered
250 Posts
600RidgeRunner said:
I don't care what people do in a controlled environment, such as what I do on the track. It's when stupidity takes over and riders endanger themselves and other's on public highways that infuriates me. We have a crappy reputaion in the general public's eyes, and when stuff like "stunting" on highways happen, it doesn't help at all. Take it to a controlled environment, shows, stunt-wars, etc... but keep it off the roads is all i'm talking about.

so in all honestly you never go fast on the highway. you never break the speed limit?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I ride at whatever pace the traffic is currently at. I know the consequences that come with twisting my wrist. I also tell myself that I have a family at home, and so do the other cagers sharing the road with me. If I want to go fast, a track day is just around the corner.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sounds like you are a good man.. i just have a home town club that is racers the first time i ride a wheelie. i get the whole club pissed. but then they ride past me at 150 like everything is cool.. sorry just had to ask the question

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No problem. The world is full of people that let common sense fly out the window. That goes for every aspect of our chosen sport, drag-racing, curve-chasing, stunts, daily commuting. They all have their fair share of dummies

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
With the bickering aside this was starting to get pretty funny. BTW when you weigh 225lbs and you give her hell in 1st, she'll rise to the occaision also,,, heaven forbid that you chop the gas in 1st at that 9,000 rpm mark.... Then that rise will be measured in feet and not inches. LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts