Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Higher RPM shift into second (usually going onto the freeway) and shift into neutral instead of second... Ive done this half a dozen times over the past year... Is there anything I can do to shorten the 1st-2nd gear shift?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I do it from time to time. Just happens I guess.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i do it once in a blue moon...rarely though. i broke her in nicely so not really a prob.

·
Registered
166 Posts
one thing put a lil pressure under the shifter like pre loading it almost, give it a firm kick should slide right in, another thing is the type of foot gear, air max look good but gives no support to the big toe

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've done it myself too.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Try riding with NO second gear. I had a 96 YZF with a messed up tranny. I had to drive around with no second gear for an entire summer. :(

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Try riding with NO second gear. I had a 96 YZF with a messed up tranny. I had to drive around with no second gear for an entire summer. :(

+111111 glad i sold that thing. no more yamis for me

·
Registered
678 Posts
mine does it on occasion. its cuz i get lazy tho.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I pretty much lost 2nd gear a while back on my Yamaha XT600 enduro. I changed out the clutch, yet the damn thing would not only have trouble going into 2nd, but it would pop out of gear even at high RPM, dangerous. I was told by many, "should have bought a Honda!" LOL I also owned an identical bike pretty much, yet it was a Honda XL600, thing never had issues with the gears like the Yami. 2nd gear sometimes needs a little extra umph, that's normal. If she starts slippin out of gear, then there are issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah... happens to me too when i get lazy, just have to make it a point to really get it up and past neutral... was thinkin bout goin to GP shiftin myself to get rid of it...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts