Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Akrapovic slip-on system for my bike. I haven't installed it yet as I just received it in the mail today. However, after looking at what was in the box I can't help but to be a little perturbed at the cost of the sytem versus what I get. I mean don't get me wrong, it is a wonderfully made system and I just "had to have it", but $600+ for a muffler and link-pipe seems quite excessive to me. I dont' know.......

Again, I'm not really complaining as I understand things "cost what they cost". I just had to vent a little. I'm sure I will be happy as a clam once it is installed and I will forget about what it costs, but its still the principle of the matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess that just makes me a tight-wad then.........

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you think about it, you're paying for R&D, welding equipment, tube bending equipment, welders experience, benders experience, material cost, operational cost, and probably a small profit the company can use to reinvest in new equipment and R&D. That sets the initial cost, then you go into merchants cost. I'm sure they are not gouging anyone on prices, since you can go to any online merchant looking for better pricing in seconds. But depends on how well you shopped around.

·
Registered
74 Posts
~$600 is expensive, rather spend it on track days or tires.. or both..

·
Registered
175 Posts
If I gave you the metal used to produce it for $50. Could you make a pipe out of it?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Exhaust is a waste of money, just drill holes in the baffle and you got what everybody is paying hundreds for, the sound! :banger:

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Exhaust is a waste of money, just drill holes in the baffle and you got what everybody is paying hundreds for, the sound! :banger:
But then you will look like a straight up poseur. Gotta have the bling to be legit son.

:cruising:

·
Registered
543 Posts
haha.....

(ten chars)

F

·
0 Posts
But then you will look like a straight up poseur. Gotta have the bling to be legit son.

:cruising:
bwahahahahaha LOL...... :cruising:

S'worth every penny, I say......and the power commander too!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
well if you sell the old exhaust, you would make some money back right?
like $50 shipped. not enough to offset the cost. I think they are crazy expensive too. a full system can be 1/5 the cost of the bike, but its what you pay. If you dont want to, then just ride it stock.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I just purchased an Akrapovic slip-on system for my bike. I haven't installed it yet as I just received it in the mail today. However, after looking at what was in the box I can't help but to be a little perturbed at the cost of the sytem versus what I get. I mean don't get me wrong, it is a wonderfully made system and I just "had to have it", but $600+ for a muffler and link-pipe seems quite excessive to me. I dont' know.......

Again, I'm not really complaining as I understand things "cost what they cost". I just had to vent a little. I'm sure I will be happy as a clam once it is installed and I will forget about what it costs, but its still the principle of the matter.

And you got the best s/o money can buy IMO.
Once you have her bolted on and fired up, that smiled pasted across your face.. yeah thats numero uno reason why it's worth it.

Still don't forget about that bling factor still ;)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I take my POS and pass all the suckas with the BLING on the track.

The best BLING and performance mods that you can do to your bike... Learn yourself how to ride.

( I know... It's teach but learn sounds better )

·
Registered
463 Posts
OP... Although I agree with you that exhaust systems can be really expensive (which is why I haven't been able to get one quite yet) I can justify the cost of them because like anything out there... "you get what you pay for"

Think about when you wanna go get a new par of jeans... You can go just about anywhere and find a pair for $39.99 if you really want to, but you'd be going the cheap way. The "I don't care what I look like" way. If you go and invest a couple hundred dollars in a nice pair of Rock n' Republics, not only will you look better, but you'll now have a better quality pair of jeans that will last you as long as your fat ass doesn't out grow them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts