Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our west coast group rides we play sometimes...started with me hitting either teles or black ices kill switch right before a light turned green.

then they got me back, and ever since we've been killswitching eachother at traffic lights right before it turns green.

its escalated to going for the key if you're on their left, killing it with backpressure by covering the exhaust tip with your hand (only do this at the beginning of a ride before they get hot)....then disco got tricky and started flipping kickstands down...hahaha

anyone else play this in groups?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yeah, I'm always weary of my kill switch or horn. I like to reach over, hit my buddies horn then be like, "what jackass, what are you doing" by that time everyone is looking lol

I try to leave the key alone, I don't want a wrestling match and someone drops a bike...it's all fun and games until someone gets a fairing scratched.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if im riding by myself i do the shave and a haircut on my horn at busy intersections and see if anyone throws in the beep beep at the end...every once in a while i get one

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yea lol, flick the kill's and if its an older one on with the choke lol

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I hate to be the one to point out the fact that it is all fun and games until someone gets hurt. It's actually illegal and reckless to do that to someone. Sure hate to have a stupid cager behind me that assumes I'm gonna go at the same time my buddy does. That game could end in fatality and BIG trouble with the law. Sorry, don't mean to take the fun out of things....but there is a time and place for it all and in traffic it is serious time.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to be the one to point out the fact that it is all fun and games until someone gets hurt. It's actually illegal and reckless to do that to someone. Sure hate to have a stupid cager behind me that assumes I'm gonna go at the same time my buddy does. That game could end in fatality and BIG trouble with the law. Sorry, don't mean to take the fun out of things....but there is a time and place for it all and in traffic it is serious time.
Mr. Safety at it again....

jk.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah, I'm always weary of my kill switch or horn. I like to reach over, hit my buddies horn then be like, "what jackass, what are you doing" by that time everyone is looking lol

I try to leave the key alone, I don't want a wrestling match and someone drops a bike...it's all fun and games until someone gets a fairing scratched.
all fun and games until someone drops there bike.....lolololololololol so true..

·
Registered
3,823 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I cant see some one falling off at traffic lights if u turn there bike off :)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I cant see some one falling off at traffic lights if u turn there bike off :)
Okay, but you know how sometimes a person will start to go when they see the guy on the left go? Yet, the guy on the left had a green arrow and the other guy still has a red. Doh! Well, same idea but the cager behind you decided to go when he saw your buddy take off at the light...he didn't know your bike was stalled and you were gonna sit hopeless at a green light at the front of the intersection so he plows into you. True, still the cager's fault....but your buddy by turning off your bike put you at greater risk on the road. A stalled bike in traffic can be dangerous...in short. Now...it's much worse when it is an enduro that you have to kick over with compression release and you already can barely touch the ground on the bike as it is. Yes, I've had my moments of bad luck.

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
ive had it done to me, i thought it was pretty funny. all you do is coast the bike, throw it in neutral and start it again. no biggie when traffic is light

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
True, still the cager's fault....
Well said.....The cager should be paying attention to what he/she/it/they are doing, period.
I had a car pull out in front of me this morning and I did a small stoppie. :icon_supe

But I don't play the kickstand game, too many "unpredictable" riders.
I'd probably make someone crash. But once in a while someone will turn off my key at a light.
I push my killswitch down so noone can reach it, I didn't drill a new hole in my clip-on for it and it moves around.
Sometimes I try to hit start and it just spins the whole thing around. :p

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well said.....The cager should be paying attention to what he/she/it/they are doing, period.
I had a car pull out in front of me this morning and I did a small stoppie. :icon_supe

But I don't play the kickstand game, too many "unpredictable" riders.
I'd probably make someone crash. But once in a while someone will turn off my key at a light.
I push my killswitch down so noone can reach it, I didn't drill a new hole in my clip-on for it and it moves around.
Sometimes I try to hit start and it just spins the whole thing around. :p
we ride together a lot, so we're all expecting it, all know how to handle it, and we all know how everyone else rides, so that takes a little of the unpredictability out of it

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
there is a game that me and my brother play when we are driving anywhere in our cages..

when we see people on the side of the road, we honk and see if they wave. if they wave your streak continues.. if they dont wave your streak is over. if its your turn you also get to decide who you honk at. if you choose not to honk and wave your streak continues.. this game spans over several trips.
my record is 21 straight people waving back before it was broke..

lots of fun.. i guess you could do this on bikes too..fun game and wicked funny

·
Registered
371 Posts
there is a game that me and my brother play when we are driving anywhere in our cages..

when we see people on the side of the road, we honk and see if they wave. if they wave your streak continues.. if they dont wave your streak is over. if its your turn you also get to decide who you honk at. if you choose not to honk and wave your streak continues.. this game spans over several trips.
my record is 21 straight people waving back before it was broke..

lots of fun.. i guess you could do this on bikes too..fun game and wicked funny
lol we use to do that game but ever since i put the train horn on my car, they jump and gimme the finger :icon_lol: so i guess that counts as a wave

·
Registered
558 Posts
buddy did that to me a couple months ago...cruisin along about 35 he slides close and passes me...i keep twistin the throttle to catch up...took me a minute to figure out wtf was wrong.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts