Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wear a pair of jeans...no riding pants... so that might contribute to it.. but my right leg gets pretty hot after riding for 30 mins... gotta throw the leg out like a wing to cool it down. temp runs at 178.. running 60mph @ 4k rpm in 6th gear (not sure if thats normal).

this might just be normal on every bike...might not.. this is my first one so i can't really say.. anyone else have the same problem?

D

·
0 Posts
Your leg is sitting less than two inches from your exhaust. Of course it's going to get hot.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
its normal. i ride with leathers on and my leg gets hot. thats why i dont like the undertail exhaust.... try wrapping the pipe with exhaust wrap. im sure it will help. i plan on doing it when i get a damn job to pay for shyt.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ demented: lol i know...just figured id ask man. didnt know if the temp gauge was off and the bike was borderline overheating or what.

love the look of the under tail exhaust... not a fan of my ass/leg getting hot. i might be more grateful of that heat in the winter lol.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
@ demented: lol i know...just figured id ask man. didnt know if the temp gauge was off and the bike was borderline overheating or what.

love the look of the under tail exhaust... not a fan of my ass/leg getting hot. i might be more grateful of that heat in the winter lol.
i never have a problem with the backside getting hot at all. i dotn ride when its below 50. i cage it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I noticed that the right side of my bike got hotter near the engine, not exhaust after I put a cheaper brand of oil in my bike for an oil change (Before you comment, it was on sale and I was short on cash). BUT... I am definitely putting better RACE oil back in my baby soon. She deserves it!

D

·
0 Posts
I noticed that the right side of my bike got hotter near the engine, not exhaust after I put a cheaper brand of oil in my bike for an oil change (Before you comment, it was on sale and I was short on cash). BUT... I am definitely putting better RACE oil back in my baby soon. She deserves it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah mine gets hot more on my inner calf... i was thinking about making some heat shields honestly... i swear it feels like its more from the engine than the pipe... but i could be wrong.. i need to go sit on the bike and figure out where the hell all the heat is coming from... all i know is it gets hot as hell on my calf....and its 100 degrees outside lol.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
yup happens to me also.. doesnt really bother me though

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
On an OEM rearset, the heat is a little hotter. After I switched to Vortex Rearset, my legs are sitting high and back so it's not as hot as before. Like others have mentioned, if your pipe is naked without the heat shield, that's the problem right there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine gets hot, but it is not the exhuast directly. I feel the heat more from the engine/gear cover area. I've seen carbon fiber engine covers talked about in the forums and have been thinking of getting some, but cash is limitted and I feel I can live with it until winter. I have other mods/upgrades/fixes to address first.

I think the honda gets a little hotter than other bikes becuase of the compactness of the engine and proximity of the exhuast both contributing to metal near the right leg getting hot. That combined with the position of the oem rearset make for a toasty calf. Cant see how people ride in shorts, saftey concerns aside.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. I have an 09 and even on 80 degree days if i don't throw my right leg out, I've had bruises/1st degree burns on the inside of my knee from the heat of the bike. It does get pretty damn hot!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts