Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my bike to the shop today to get tires put on
2006 600rr
put on some new pilots , guy noticed that brake fluid was leaking out my front res. turns out the screw broke and he had to rethread the hole and put just a regular screw on it instead of a countersink screw cuase he didnt have any lying around, i never opened up the cover so iono whats up.

wondering if anyones ever had the screw break on them? since the screw isnt countersunk the cover isnt on there really strait but its holding for now. im gonna order a screw and put it in, then if it still leaks take it to honda for warnty.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Wiggawam said:
Umm, that was a half assed way to do it. Take it back and start bitching.
+1

Then don't take the bike back to them ever again, if that is the way they do business. If they are going to take the "quick, easy" way out, instead of just doing the job right, then they don't deserve your business.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
today is sunday no dealerships are open, that was my only way back home, he rethreaded it for me and put a bolt in, its not leaking he advised me when dealer opens to order one, whats so bad about that? he didnt charge me for anything but installing the tires.

this guy has worked on my bike tons of times, what else can we of done?
its not leaking and i didnt want to leave my bike there till the dealer opens back up TUESDAY, over here 98% of dealers around here are closed sunday and monday, he didnt do anything half assed imo, he rethreaded the res and hooked me up with a temp bolt. this isnt a dealership just a well known shop around here.

·
Registered
300 Posts
TonyTheTige-rr said:
today is sunday no dealerships are open, that was my only way back home, he rethreaded it for me and put a bolt in, its not leaking he advised me when dealer opens to order one, whats so bad about that? he didnt charge me for anything but installing the tires.

this guy has worked on my bike tons of times, what else can we of done?
its not leaking and i didnt want to leave my bike there till the dealer opens back up TUESDAY, over here 98% of dealers around here are closed sunday and monday, he didnt do anything half assed imo, he rethreaded the res and hooked me up with a temp bolt. this isnt a dealership just a well known shop around here.
Ahh I didn't get the temp bolt bit. I thought they just packed you up and sent you on your way. But if thats the case then they did it the right way to repair it. If the bike is new enough though I might just ask for a new one to replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts