Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of you moving the bike to your kitchen or living room in the winter, so it opens my mind to all kinds of vehicle-indoors situations.

Have any of you guys ever been on a road trip, stayed in a motel on the first floor, and moved your bike inside your room?? I can see this actually being practical to some of us.

If I wasn't sharing a room, I'd do it! No worry about your bike OR your stuff being messed with, and you don't even have to take your tank bag off!

:crackup: The guys I ride with this summer are going to think I'm nuts!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
thats a great idea to keep your bike safe. just make sure you get a room on the first floor.

old picture i know, but he had the right idea

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes. My friend rode cross country and when he came across a shady town that he had to stay over night in, he would park his bike in his motel room.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I have a scorpio alarm with a perimeter sensor. If they get close to it, my keychain lets me know, even if the bike is out of earshot. The little screen starts flashing blue and the alarm goes off and wakes me up. This gives me enough time to come out in my boxers with my loaded .357 magnum to, err, discourage the thieves. Might be better off just wheeling it inside. I have mine parked in my living room for the winter. We put lights on it this year and put the presents under it!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
^thats awesome i need to get me a xmas tree like that!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have always parked my bike in the motel room if the area seems shady. If it seems like a decent area I just leave it outside. Let the insurance company deal with it if there is any trouble, thats why I pay for it. If you are worried about your bike 24/7 it kind of takes the enjoyment out of riding. Full coverage FTMFW

·
Registered
697 Posts
OMG, skyline, I thought you were just dicking around about the lights and presents.

THAT is love!

Haha, nope, I actually spent a lot of time stringing those lights around the wheels and to follow the contours of the bike!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have always parked my bike in the motel room if the area seems shady. If it seems like a decent area I just leave it outside. Let the insurance company deal with it if there is any trouble, thats why I pay for it. If you are worried about your bike 24/7 it kind of takes the enjoyment out of riding. Full coverage FTMFW
same here.

im actually hoping my bike gets stolen, ill get more from insurance then if i sell it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dude of course you pull the bike into the motel room..unless you have a boa constrictor of a lock on the wheels I wouldn't leave it outside

·
Registered
52 Posts
I left mine inside a room at my mom's motel for a couple weeks. Couldn't ride my car and the bike back when i bought it. Anyways the area's pretty shitty as people get their rims stolen in the middle of the night, so yeah definitely not a good idea to leave a bike outside.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Oh hell yea... EVERY time!! I don't leave my bike out at hotel rooms for nothin.... that's just asking for it to get stolen. Whenever I travel and stay in a hotel, I look specifically for hotels with outside entrance rooms, and specify when I check in that I need a ground level. If they don't have one I go somewhere else that does. I once rode around Orlando for nearly 2 hours at midnight just looking for a hotel with a ground level outside room vacancy

Texas

Georgia

Florida

Florida

North Carolina... sometimes (when I can find them) I stay at biker only motels. This one has a little garage on the side of each room just for your bikes! Friggin awesome!

And when I lived in south Florida I kept it in my living room to keep it from getting stolen. My roomates 600RR was stolen from in front of this very house

·
Registered
208 Posts
North Carolina... sometimes (when I can find them) I stay at biker only motels. This one has a little garage on the side of each room just for your bikes! Friggin awesome!

That is figgin awsome!! Didn't even know those existed. Will be looking for those on the next road trip.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts