Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe a stupid question but anyways.....i was out riding w/a few people last night for prolly 3-4 hours, and i woke up today to find my eyelid swollen. prolly some dust, dirt, etc, but i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone? i have my visor down prolly 85% of the time, only when i'm cruisin at around 25mph or so do i have it flipped up alil bit. didn't know how long this lasts, or what.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Not sure of the cause of your swollen eye but I do the same as you w/ my visor. Its up prob down 90% of the time. I only put it up when Im comming to a stop and am In slow traffic right around 25MPH as well. Other then that its always down b/c things just hurt way to damn much hitting you in the face to have it up .

·
Registered
156 Posts
You're probably right about having gotten something in your eye. Could be anything that might start an allergic reaction while you sleep. On many occasions I've gotten various things in my eye (dog hair, dust etc.) while I sleep and wake up to a googily fish eye like those crazy fish with the big sacs around their eyes.
Since it's happened to me often enough I have antibiotic eye drops left over and will usually try to flush whatever is in there out if it hasn't left in the eye gunk already and then put a couple drops in. If whatever was in there is then gone, it'll usually be back to normal before the day is out or at least have significantly receeded. If you go find some allergy type eye drops and try this and it hasn't gone away by tomorrow morning I would go see an eye doctor, but there's nothing wrong with going to the doctor right away, your eyes are something you never want to risk.

·
Registered
735 Posts
+1 with the allergy eye drops probably have some pollen in there,

·
Registered
121 Posts
And another to the allergy drops. I've had that issue riding close to sundown, but my allergies are bad in the fall and there's a lot of s**t flying around here in the evenings. Both eyes usually for me. Try some drops, bro. Should take care of it.

G

·
I went on a 14 hr ride up to scaggs in Nor cal and after following another member around (Kensau) with my visor open for just a few minutes I ended up with a piece of metal stuck in my eye. it was just a sliver and probably came off his chain. Now I rarely ride without sunglasses under the visor in case I have to open it for ventilation. Otherwise I never expose my eyes to the elements. An eye doctor had to surgically remove the sliver of steel and she provided me with some kind of prescription eye drops...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went to the doctor yesterday, said it was a piece of dust/dirt/etc that clogged a oil gland in my eyelid and caused it to swell up.....its still swollen, but i did get some of that antibiotic eye drops like you all talked about, so hopefully it helps it soon.....i'm gettin tired of people commin up to me and askin if i got my @ss kicked...=)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have had a tiny piece of metal lodged in my eye from riding, but it didn't make my eye swollen. My eye just constantly felt like something was in it and I couldn't flush it out, but my eye was never swollen just red from rubbing it. I eventually went to see an eye doctor (opthamologist?) about it. Turned out that there had been a piece of metal there, however it had left rust in the wound preventing it from healing which in turn made it feel like something was still in there. He had to use this Dremel like took with a sort of eraser tip to "grind" out the wound. It actually did not hurt at all when he did it, just really freaked me out when he told me what he was going to do. lol After that all was fine.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
it's called pink eye....it's an infection. You gotta let it run it's course...i use to get them alot when i was younger. very very annoying. I hate them...It looks gross and crusty in the morning...nasty stuff.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ajax said:
I have had a tiny piece of metal lodged in my eye from riding, but it didn't make my eye swollen. My eye just constantly felt like something was in it and I couldn't flush it out, but my eye was never swollen just red from rubbing it. I eventually went to see an eye doctor (opthamologist?) about it. Turned out that there had been a piece of metal there, however it had left rust in the wound preventing it from healing which in turn made it feel like something was still in there. He had to use this Dremel like took with a sort of eraser tip to "grind" out the wound. It actually did not hurt at all when he did it, just really freaked me out when he told me what he was going to do. lol After that all was fine.
Holy crap that's disgusting...

·
Registered
617 Posts
LOL, it sounds a lot worse than it actually was. The "grinding" procedure was very quick too, and the doctor only touched my eye with the "grinder" very briefly and of course gently. The piece of metal must've been very small, probably no bigger than a spec of dirt.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
pretty amazing what specialized doctors can do these days....and its only going to get better. Until one day a robot does procedures the same way they build cars

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Only after getting in a fight.

·
Registered
972 Posts
i wear RGP contacts so i always have my shield closed unless im doing like =< 25mph.

but atleast every other ride something gets in my eyes and i end up crying and having to pull over.

·
Registered
1 Posts
maybe a stupid question but anyways.....i was out riding w/a few people last night for prolly 3-4 hours, and i woke up today to find my eyelid swollen. prolly some dust, dirt, etc, but i was just wondering if this has happened to anyone? i have my visor down prolly 85% of the time, only when i'm cruisin at around 25mph or so do i have it flipped up alil bit. didn't know how long this lasts, or what.
IT HAPPENED TO ME TODAY, I WOKE TO WHIPPING MY EYES THIS MORNING THINKING I HAD SLEEPIES IN MY EYES AND WHEN I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR BOTH EYES HAD ODD SHAPED PUFFY BAGS UNDER THEM, THEY LOOKED LIKE THEY HAD FLUID IN THEM !!! MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS IS THIS FROM RIDING MY MOTORCYCLE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A CAR AND HAVE TO RIDE IT EVERYWHERE !!! I PUT AN ICE PACK ON THEM AND THEY MAGICALLY WENT DOWN AND AWAY !!! That’s what I’m guessing it was from but I don’t know, hopefully everything is going to be ok and not happen again !?!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts