Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering how many people really feel it's lame to be riding around on the stock exhaust. I had a discussion with my friend who was encouraging me to get an exhaust. Problem is the exhaust I want is not cheap and I can't shell out for it right now. Besides, I'm picky with exhausts cause a lot of them look and sound crappy to me. He then said get anything cheaper cause it's not cool to be riding a "race bike" without the racebike sound. And he said people WILL make fun of me for having a stock exhaust.

How true is this really? I mean, if this is true, I won't be hanging around most sportbikers for sure then. I believe in riding what you like and getting mods to fit your taste, not someone else's. Besides, what good is having a racelike sound if you don't even have the riding ability to back it up? Nothing wrong with having one if you like it, but also nothing wrong with not having it either.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
LOL! Who ever makes fun of you for having a stock exhaust is an a$$hole. If I heard you friend talking like that to me or even you, I would be making an a$$ out of him.

Do whats right and buy when and if you want to when the time is right. Save your cash and get the one you want when you got the money to do it... PERIOD!

First things first, get frame sliders on there if you don't have them already and don't buy them to look at either... INSTALL ASAP!

Jason

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, frame sliders and spools were put on a while ago. Also getting the flush mounts and FE kit soon. Not cause of other people...cause I like that look better. Besides, easier to deal with those on track days too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I could care less. I don't think I'm gonna get an aftermarket exhaust because 1) the stock one looks fine to me, 2) i'm happy with the performance of the bike and the sound as is, and 3) i don't want to have to shell out around $300 for a PC3 (I believe if you're gonna do a mod do it right and don't half ass it).

In any case, I haven't been made fun of in the year I've had my bike but I guess if I run into your friend I should watch out hahaha...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yep, your friend has some compensation issues if he thinks you will be picked on. Mod it to your tastes and desires. Tell him when he starts paying for the mods, then he can criticize your ride.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
you are correct. if you do something, do it right. your buddy is a stereotyper. that is all. i "WANTED" an aftermarket pipe because i wanted to be heard. for safety reasons, i want to be heard. there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The funny thing is he actually seemed concerned about me riding out with the stock exhaust. It's not so much that he'll make fun of me, but he told me others will make fun of me...and how it's like seeing someone in a jeans jacket on a sportsbike.
This gets better...he said "well, you make fun of people who don't wear the right gear right?" I couldn't believe it, cause first, I'm not really "making fun" of squids...I just comment that their lack of gear is not very smart. And that is a far cry from making fun of someone running a stock exhaust.

He said the main thing is that stock exhausts and fenders look so novice. OMG...almost speechless after that one. I told him I'd rather look novice and learn to ride well than to look all tricked out and have no riding ability to back it up.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Screw your friend (Okay, not literally)....Get what you want when you can get it. A stock pipe is fine. Everyone has different tastes. That's what makes the world go round. Bottom line....It's all about what you want. Not your buddy, or anyone else for that matter. People run stock bikes for track days, other people spend over $5000 to bling their bikes out with Ohlins everything and chrome it out to ride to the nearest Quicky Mart, shoot the breeze, and ride home. That's what they like to do.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
When I bought my bike it had an after market exhaust, I tossed it and bought the stock one. IMO there are very few AFM exhaust that look better than the OEM.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
ask him if he's still a man without using his penis pump.
Buahahahahahah . . . .really, then ask him how much better his lap times got after his install ? ? ? . . . and this is a friend huh ?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
exo600 said:
When I bought my bike it had an after market exhaust, I tossed it and bought the stock one. IMO there are very few AFM exhaust that look better than the OEM.
I agree...the only aftermarket one that really strikes my fancy is the Arata.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, it's a friend I grew up with. Good guy overall...just that he seems to care what others think. That's why he was saying you can't start out smaller than a 600ss...gotta get something "respectable". And if you ride a cruiser, it's gonna be a Harley and at least 1300cc. And if you wear a full face helmet on a cruiser, you look like an idiot. Etc...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
yeah its quiet... but slappin a slipon on there without doin it right just for the sound just proves their squidliness even more.

wait till you get that aftermarket and do it right and see who is makin fun of who

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
My dealer is a friend and tells me that they will often give more in trade on a stock bike since mods are very personal and do not suit every buyer. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
JetBlast10 said:
ask him if he's still a man without using his penis pump.
owned!

yea i have the stocker on mine, its no big deal. if you want to wait for the exahaust you want go for it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts