Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any1 experince this b4,once u fully close the throttle the engine break dont feel smooth,like jerking and with each sudden jerk there soft 'pop" sound coming out from the exhaust.It always happen to me,in any gear,but the most obvious is in gear 3 or 4 with 5~6rpm.But when i 1st got it the bike,it was't liek this.Btw am running a LV full system with PC3 and mapped.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pic.Sorry for the bad quailty and i only got a pair of hands =( The pic is with my sidestand on and no rider onboard.Am 46kg and my pillion is also 46kg.I did ask a bike shop,he told me it just right.If i wan tighten abit he say it will be too tight.

Here you can see the bottom part of the chain is easily touching the bottom part of the chainstay.

So what do you all suggest?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't recall off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure my chain won't touch the swingarm/chainstay when adjusted correctly. It seems to me like you have WAYYY too much slack in your chain.

·
Registered
258 Posts
just went and checked my chain the same way you did. Mine is really loose and in bad need of adjustment, and it BARELY touches the the swingarm right at the pivot point. I think your chain is seriously out of adjustment. The proper chain slack is indicated on the stickers you can see in your pics. Measure it and see how close it is.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yea, that chain shouldn't be able to touch the bottom of the swing arm. I believe it's supposed to have 1 inch of play total (1/2 inch in either direction). If you can push it up to the swing arm, you probably have an easy 2 inches + of play.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yea, that chain shouldn't be able to touch the bottom of the swing arm. I believe it's supposed to have 1 inch of play total (1/2 inch in either direction). If you can push it up to the swing arm, you probably have an easy 2 inches + of play.
I don't think it's that bad.. mine is out by about 1/2" and it can touch.. barely. but yeah, his is definitely out of spec.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright guys,i will go back and gun down that bike shop that told me it ok.I update once i get my chain tighten. Thanks all!

·
Registered
991 Posts
you have the shop tighten it??? loosen your axle nut and unscrew the two bolts that are touching the axle blocks on either side... and done.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
Be sure to check your chain while seated on the bike too. Makes a difference and having the chain too tight can bind the rear suspension causing all kinds of odd behavior,

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Can I ask if you have any other mods besides the power commander and the map with the full exhaust? I did a pair mod, slip on and air filter and until the PCIII was properly mapped it did this too. Now it runs like a dream....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can I ask if you have any other mods besides the power commander and the map with the full exhaust? I did a pair mod, slip on and air filter and until the PCIII was properly mapped it did this too. Now it runs like a dream....
nope just full system PC3,the rest i think wont affect.but am getting 250km before my reserve light start to blink.am usually doing 120km/h on the highway.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The guy that does all the suspension tuning in some show (i dont remeber who it is, but he goes to track days and charges $20 for a basic set up). He said the general rule of chain slack is you should be able to touch your swing arm with the chain.

Maybe two clicks out? Or something like that.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
koxie i think your mechanic is right.

chain needs 1-3/8" slack.

these bikes do not like that zone of 5-7 krpm and i have found that i need to be very gentle with rolling on throttle in certain situations.

have full arrow exh and pc5 and have learned to ride in a higher rpm range.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Be sure to check your chain while seated on the bike too. Makes a difference and having the chain too tight can bind the rear suspension causing all kinds of odd behavior,
True, however the chain slack is specified with the bike on its side stand and no-one on it... removes that variable...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i went back to the bike shop and they still told me it alright for the chain to be like this.all they did was spray some chain lub.

·
Registered
242 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts