Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Danbury here . . . but I don't have a 600rr . . . I just know somebody who does . . . ahem, BigTuna.

I ride mostly on the track now . . . but if and when I get out on the street . . . if you don't mind riding with me on my Aprilia Mille (my present street bike, but maybe an '04 Gsxr750 on the horizon) look me/us (BigTuna) up come spring time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Like I mentioned in another thread, I guess i'm going to have to browse here more often this spring as there's a few more riders from our neck of the woods. Hopefully only a few more months until we can be back on the road.

BigTuna, Gecko, what tracks do you ride, from what I see the closest are Louden, NH and Pocono in PA. Last summer was my first, and I want to start making it to some track days this spring. It looks like either Nesba or Team Promo are the way to go from what I read.

·
Registered
467 Posts
kwsplash~

This year we expect to hit the following tracks (in no particular order and without reference to the number of visits planned to each):

Barber Motorsports Park
Beaver Run
Carolina Motorsports Park
Club Motorsports (if it opens in NH)
JenningsGP
Loudon
Pocono FUSA (we are trying to avoid the East Corse)
Road Atlanta
Summit Point (I'd like to avoid the Jefferson Course, but I will ride it)
VIR, both the South & North Courses

We are members of both NESBA & TPM. Both are good clubs. In addition, a good friend of ours sponsors/runs two open track days at Loudon every year . . . he only allows 30-35 riders to sign up, and the track is basically open from 9am-12pm and 1pm to 5pm. I have never had so much time in the saddle as I do when participating in his days. I think his tentative dates are June 2 and September 8. Just let us know if you are interested . . . it is truly a great time.

We also plan on getting our racing licenses early this season and have planned between 3 to 4 race weekend at Loudon. This should be a great season . . . I just cannot wait for it to begin!!! Damn Ground hog had to go and see his shadow though . . . .

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
Nice Avatar upgrade Gecko.

kwsplash~ I would recommend TPM over NESBA. I am a member of both, but only because NESBA does tracks that TPM does not. TPM is much friendlier group and will spend more time one on one if you ask for it......

Look us up come spring.....

BigT

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lowell, MA about 45 minutes to an hour from CT depending on how fast you drive.
For those of you fairly local there is a great bike show in the area that runs every tuesday night that starts up after memorial day. Usually averages at least 300 bikes a night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts