Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please...I can't find any on ebay. I'm tired of stalling and mousetrapping. For those of you that have them, will it make much of a difference as far as stalling when comparing to 6 up to go to about 12 up?

Also, anyone have a link to a how-to on handbrakes?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a 54 tooth, 525 pitch

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. That's what my front sprocket and chain are. I just want make sure the rear is as well.

How bout you Ceph, I'm sure you've got a rear sprocket or 2 in 525 pitch sitting around somewhere?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because it hasn't gone through yet w/ payment info, So untill then I'm still shopping and looking for better prices. Understand????????

wynngripRR said:
why dont you just get welldrilleRR's???? he said he had one????

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
6rr_lv said:
I know. That's what my front sprocket and chain are. I just want make sure the rear is as well.

How bout you Ceph, I'm sure you've got a rear sprocket or 2 in 525 pitch sitting around somewhere?
i'm sure one of my boys has one layin around, i'll ask and see what we got.

if anyone does, it would be Pete.

·
Registered
567 Posts
and i do if the price i gave ya was to high make me an offer but remember its been used like less then 300 miles and its a good make

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rykid said:
and i do if the price i gave ya was to high make me an offer but remember its been used like less then 300 miles and its a good make
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to waste your time but I got a great deal on a hanbrake from JaredR here on the site. I had to jump on it since it's such a good deal. Check it out here:

I'm going to play with this and work on my spreaders/SS/ect while I save up a liitle more play $ and then I'm going to get back at you guys for the gearing/chains once I decide how much I want to go up to reduce the stalling.

·
Registered
375 Posts
6rr_lv said:
Sorry guys. Didn't mean to waste your time but I got a great deal on a hanbrake from JaredR here on the site. I had to jump on it since it's such a good deal. Check it out here:

I'm going to play with this and work on my spreaders/SS/ect while I save up a liitle more play $ and then I'm going to get back at you guys for the gearing/chains once I decide how much I want to go up to reduce the stalling.

get a steel braided line, makes a HUGE difference

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
f4stunna said:
get a steel braided line, makes a HUGE difference

Really? I had actually just been talking to a few riders here in KC, one of which was Grant Sunday of KC's Most Wanted, and have heard that they don't recommend them b/c there is no forgiveness unlike a stock line (at least for front brakes). Kinda makes since but I guess everyone will have there own opinions about equip. I'm going to give this a try as is, but I'll keep that in mind if I think it'll help. I was told it would lock up as is though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
first off i dont agree with that, and for the handbrake, you want as much pressure as you can get so you can use it with less effort.... and i have braided lines on my front end (needed em when i put my dirtbike bars on) and they are so much better

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I haven't ever had steel braided before so its not like im trying to argue with you. But the explaination I recieved kinda makes since. I just thought other people would like to here two different opinions to make up their own minds. When you apply pressure to the brake during a stoppies and your near balance point, the slightest change in lever movement with steel braided will affect the pressure to the pads. With stock lines however some of the pressure will be used to expand the line so its not such an abrupt change in pressure and is therefore more forgiving. Like I side though, I haven't tried them both but I thought it was an interesting point of view that I've never heard before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts