Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Los Angeles, CA. I bought my bike from OTD Cyclesports. There are 3 honda dealers near me. Santa Monica Honda, OTD Cyclesports, Hollywood Honda. Santa Monica wants $330.00 for first service. OTD wants $260.00. I had a bad experience at Hollywood Honda. The tech couldn't figure out how to put on my R&G Sliders. I had to show him how. I won't go back there. Does anyone from Socal recommend either OTD or SM Honda? Has anyone had their bike serviced at OTD? Is it worth the extra money to take it to SM Honda? Thanks for any information you can give me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought my bike at OTD as well but I live closer to Berts so I went there... surprisingly they only charged $170.

·
Registered
586 Posts
First maintenance is basically changing the oil, lubing the chain, and "inspecting" the bike (bolts, cables, etc.)

No way in hell I'd pay over $100 for that, but that's just me.

You can do it yourself in an hour, for the cost of oil, filter, chain lube. Maybe two hours if you really take your time.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
DIY.....not hard, get a closer connection with your bike....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've changed my oil and lubed my chain already, but that's all I know. This is my first motorcycle. I don't know how to inspect the brake system, clutch system, nuts/bolts/fasteners, and steering head bearings. I was hoping I could watch the tech while he does it. That way I will know for next time.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Def. diy. Spend the extra dough on the CBR manual and it'll tell you everything. Instead of watching the guy you'll have the manual so you can fix anything. I live near OTD and SM Honda too and I'll give you a hand if you need it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
suzuki tech told me that 90% of the time for a "600 mile service" all they do is drop the oil and put some new oil in. don't even change the filter..... then the bike gets moved the side, they call you a few hrs. later and tell you it's done. then you come in and bend over so they can stick a monetary shaft in your a$$

1 - 12 of 12 Posts