Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a how to on makeing your own krazy eyes ive searched the forms past hour and no write up on a how to like supplies youll need to make it and what to do

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont want to buy them i said make them on my own

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i bought the leds and resistors but with the green led s and the resistor i bought it lights up yellow instead of green like it says it should soo im confused thats why im asking a HOW TO so someone can list the parts ill need and how they MADE IT

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
just buy any led from walmart or autozone
That is pretty much the easiest way. You can just drill a small hole(not even sure if this is needed) in the headlight housing, remove the LED from the kit you bought and set it in place with some rtv sealant. Run the led to any of your standard pos power cables, ground out the neg and you should be good.

The problem I always had was finding LEDs that were bright enough at wal mart/auto zone. There are thousands of DIY's with LED installations. Just look up any DIY Angel Eyes for any car and they should explain, in greater detail, what you are looking at. I wrote one for my VW forum a few years back, but the pics are gone so it's kind of useless.

Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I will post a few pics, I really didn't take many during my process but I will explain it. Give me some time to upload it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Ok, this is a cheap alternative to Tripages krazy eyes (not bashing his work, it is excellent). I just did not want to pay 35$ plus shipping and being impatient I didn't want to wait either. The parts cost me a whopping 15$ and 30 min of assembly.

Parts/tools needed
8 feet each of two different colors of wire (because I ran it to my battery)
Hot glue gun
Dremel with cutting bit
soldering iron with wire
LED's (I used 6)
Resistor (2)
Toggle switch
Fuse holder with 10 amp fuse
Circuit board with holes in it.

To figure out the resistor ohms use this
http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/?p=zz.led.resistor.calculator

Cut the circuit board to roughly the same shape/size as in the pic, it is completely hidden so it doesnt have to be perfect looking. Drill a small hole for the headlight screw

Now put your LED's in the board, have all the + wires facing in - wires on the outside. Solder the positives together and solder a resistor to it, then solder a long wire to that and finally solder the fuse holder to the positive wire. Solder all the negative wires together and solder the other colored wire to it and that is your ground. Make sure none of the positive and negative wires are touching each other. Now take your hot glue gun and glue up the back were ever exposed wire is showing

Now just drill a hole/mount the toggle switch somewhere and attach the wires to the battery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts