Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a samsung 50 plasma but I want to get a Samsung 52 LCD just becuz I think video games look better on LCD plus I want the 1080p. my plasma is 720p.

anyone have one and play alot of video games on it. any motion blur issues whether it be games or watching tv?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i dont think motion blur has been an issue on any samsung for a long time now?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think so either. just read reviews of other tvs and saw mention of it and just wanted to get some feedback from people who have spent some extensive time playing games on an samsung LCD. primarily on the model I mentioned.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The plasma is not going to have any "ghosting". I have tested many and i am currently testing the 60" samsung w/no issues. By testing I mean it's what I do for a living. I tech and trouble shoot commercial and consumer audio and visual equipment at a test facility in austin, tx. I drag my PS3 up there sometimes to spoil myself.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i have the LN52A650. frigging love it. xbox, vids, bluray. it won many awards and was the highest rated in its class. since then my parents have bought two and my friend one. all have loved it.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The plasma is not going to have any "ghosting". I have tested many and i am currently testing the 60" samsung w/no issues. By testing I mean it's what I do for a living. I tech and trouble shoot commercial and consumer audio and visual equipment at a test facility in austin, tx. I drag my PS3 up there sometimes to spoil myself.
what exactly do u mean by "ghosting". is that the same as "burn-in" becuz my plasma defintely has burn-in. I had it within an hour of own it even with the anti burnin technology. I permanently have espn on the bottom of my screen. granted I only see it when the screen is fully white like when I turn my xbox on but it definitely has burn in.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the LN52A650. frigging love it. xbox, vids, bluray. it won many awards and was the highest rated in its class. since then my parents have bought two and my friend one. all have loved it.
good to hear. I believe then one I'm looking at is the newer B series. I love my samsung but i need 1080 and LCD!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just make sure whatever you get is 120 or 240hz (that's refresh rate) and you won't have any issues. Ghosting is the effect your looking to avoid with LCD, Burn in is what happens with static images on plasma's. Burn in is why I prefer LCD, though I will say Plasma has great color.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
what exactly do u mean by "ghosting". is that the same as "burn-in" becuz my plasma defintely has burn-in. I had it within an hour of own it even with the anti burnin technology. I permanently have espn on the bottom of my screen. granted I only see it when the screen is fully white like when I turn my xbox on but it definitely has burn in.

ghosting is something that happened back in the day of 60hz and even some 120hz machines mainly on plasmas. it is when there is fast motion you see a "ghost" of the previous screen.

So for instance if I went from right to left really fast you would see:

|............................|

on a bad screen w/ ghosting and low refresh:

|............................|||||

like a trailing effect.

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
Interesting. How old is the plasma?

I've worked and calibrated many TVs in the past 5yrs and have yet to see any burn in.

A few are 55" plasmas at a small sports bars and still look great with no burn in issues.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to interesting lol. I've decided to go with the 55" Samsung 1080 LCD. gonna go to Best Buy this afternoon pick it up. was gonna go 52 but they don't have it at any of the Best Buy's around me.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Not to interesting lol. I've decided to go with the 55" Samsung 1080 LCD. gonna go to Best Buy this afternoon pick it up. was gonna go 52 but they don't have it at any of the Best Buy's around me.
if youre gonna go that far...why not just get the samsung led lcd tv?

and i own 2 plasmas and lookin for a 3rd...im a plasma guy ftw!

·
Registered
238 Posts
plasma is out of date i believe....go with the LED not LCD. LED is the new thing. and is way better...IMO....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts