Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard they make a great product at a great price and was probably gonna have a suit made in the next 6 months. I am in Korea but will be heading home for 6 month mid tour leave and want to take a few track days. Can anyone give me some testimonials?

·
Registered
150 Posts

I recommend it to the highest degree friend...they are located right off Orlando and are THE nicest guys you'll meet. They're most definitely not one of these large, million dollar leather companies and that may turn some people away...they are still VERY family-owned business type of thing but thus super hands on, super nice and they listen to you down to every degree of 'what you're looking for'...I would recommend it better or at least equal to any of the other ones...they've been 'in business' for a long time.

long story short, I wanted a repsol jacket for the street...nothing fit though...either the jackets were too small or too big...finally after riding without ANY jacket for a few months I heard of some guys down south called Syed...since they were the closest 'custom leathers' I knew of, I drove about 2 hours down to Orlando one weekend, got fitted and about a month later got it...They supply a TON of racers in FL with leathers and are definitely 'top grade'...I got my one piece jacket out the door for somewhere around $550 which was actually at the time LESS than the 'one size fits all' :icon_roll Joe Rocket Repsol leather jacket. The fit is flawless...these guys ARE genuises. And the vents are amazing, I still get cold if I don't wear a long sleeve shirt underneath. The armor is literally stronger, more durable, etc. than I've EVER felt in any jacket...that said, it is a true 'racer's' leather, meaning it's heavy (not too heavy) and tight, not like any little textile jackets or even the HIGHLY light armor found in many of the joe rocket-like companies you can buy. Although they have a few choices of thickness for the armor you can pick from...

anyways, ask any questions if you got them, but you get the point...amazing guys down there...if you can, buy it! Especially if you've never had a CUSTOM made jacket...it's so nice when it actually fits you exactly down to every corner of your body...anyways, I loved the company so much, instead of repsol logos I got THEIR logos to 'advertise/sponsor'...:icon_lol:
(my worthless walmart camera doesn't do the jacket justice...)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I did a bunch of research for a custom fitted suit and Syed came up the winner. I saw first hand some Syed custom suits at the track and everyone raved about them. Online I got tons of recommendations for them too. If I were buying a custom suit (ended up not having the cash for it) thats the one I would buy.

·
Registered
615 Posts
do you have their number or website?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts