Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is just laughable, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to set up their portable GPS unit or their phone to use navigation. Probably easier on a cruiser I'm sure...

It would be nice to have this set up to explore new back roads. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to hear the voice instructions (unless you have a blue tooth helmet) but the on screen maps and guidance would still be useful.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have a garmin set up on mine. Ill see if i can get a picture of it mounted tomorrow. There you can see the ball the mount connects to. I have a power cord run up from the battery that I tuck away under the tank fairing when not in use.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Not one on my sportbikes but I always have my Zumo GPS on the big GS since it's for exploring. Very handy on long trips. I have XM radio with weather/traffic tied into it so I can get alerts if there is bad weather or traffic on my route. Plus I can listen to music if I get bored.

I've heard of guys using their phone based GPS and using a Ram mount. It will be a fair weather sort of set up but it's doable.

Here is my setup on the GS as snapped by the wife as we rode through Yellowstone. That flat round mount just to the right of the GPS is for a camera.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I run a Garmin Zumo 660 on the RR. Use it on trips and as an MP3 player/bluetooth hub. Phone connects to Zumo, which pulls in the phone address book, and Zumo connects to Bluetooth headset. Calls go through the Zumo to the headset. Caller ID displayed on the Zumo and I can initiate calls from the Zumo using the phones address book. I use the Zumo for MP3's, so calls over ride MP3's and GPS directions override everything except bike to bike communications. Neat little setup.

I'll post some pics in the morning.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I use the suction cup that came with the Garmin GPS and mount it on my gas tank near the top. I also have a safety wire attached. I then run the headset from the GPS to my helmet with enough slack to move.

Now I don't even mount my GPS, it takes too much time. I put the GPS inside the jacket's pocket and run the headset to my ears. All I need is to listen to is the voice telling me where to go.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just put phone or gps in backpack and run headset inside helmet :D , it's a pain most of the time because when I slide helmet down it move stupid headphone, I think it's more trouble than it's worth, but as a last resort it can work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts