Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:ciao:Has anyone ever had any electrical problems or disaster stories from having HID's on their street bike? I have a 2006 cbr and I am going to install the DDM Tuning HID kit soon. A friend of mine is a motorcycle tech so he is going to help me with the install but I just want to know if anyone has ever caused any major damage to the electrical system or anything else. So far I've read nothing but good things about HID's but I just want to be sure I don't mess up my bike. Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've been running my ddm 35w 6k HID's for 6 months now and no problems. And I haven't read of any problems on here. I'd go with the 35w for several reasons (a) they're less stress on your electrical system then the 55w, and (b) 55w are really blinding to other drivers.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll like them. They're really easy to install; you could do it yourself. Don't need a motorcycle tech or anything. The 40+ page HID thread in the 08-09 section is a great guide.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the DDM 55w Kits..... 55w 8000k Low Beam, 55w 3000k High beam. Granted, i can see GREAT at night... at startup, it is a large draw on the electrical.

Sometimes my high beam will not turn on, it will 'FLICK' but it wont stay on, what i have to do is ride hard through first/second, that seems to build up enough wattage to get it turned on.

I just recently changed out my headlight fuse, from the 20amp OEM fuse, to a 25amp... havent had a problem since.

Excellent HIDs though. I dont recommend getting 55w for both, like myself. get at the MOST a 35w low, and 55w High... but 35w high and low will be plenty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the input. I've read a lot of the posts on here and haven't found anyone with major problems either. I just got nervous when I asked one of the guys at the local Honda dealer and he said "oh I wouldn't put HID's on a bike, I've heard of people blowing out their whole wiring harness from doing that." "Plus their expensive" I assume he didn't have any idea what he was talking about.
I ordered the 35w 5000k. I wanted a clear or white light instead of blue. They are on the way hopefully, should be shipped today or tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts