Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if there are other members here who have or had their bike(s) insured by the autoclub. What I want to know is that have the autoclub increase your insurance rate without notice? Reason I joined the autoclub is that I heard nothing but good things about them and that they were good to their members, so I decided to leave state farm and join them even though I would be paying a couple hundred more per year for premium.

Anyways, just received my new bill today and my premium rate has increased by $500 :monkey_poo: ...thats a large rate increase for a year of no incidents...this pissed me off because after one year, I have no accidents, no tickets, never been pulled over, ridiculously low miles for this region (4012 miles in 13 months). Age 21, clean driving record too.

If I knew this was going to happen I would've stick with state farm. Now I don't know if state farm would want to insure me and my bike only again. :roll:

Sorry just venting.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Just got a quote from them cuz I'm thinking about going back. Gota kicked out 4 years ago from AAA because of DUI. This July was the last month I had to file SR22. Just lease a new car G35 and they quoted me $2200 a year for the G35 and $700 for 600RR. Because the lease limits the coverages to 100/300 and $1000 deductible. I think $700 is great for the CBR 600 RR for full coverage.
Do you have other cars with AAA?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there's a 2000 corolla, 99' 4runner and 2004 tacoma, none of them are leased...and no accidents/tickets/incidents with those cars this past year either...but I don't see how those cars should effect my motorcycle rates

·
Registered
780 Posts
With all those cars, the insurance for the bike should be (almost) free! (yeah sure). I know that bike insurance increased drastically this past year due to many carrier's decision to drop bike insurance. Maybe you should go back to State Farm or talk to your AAA agent.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I've been with AAA for a long time and have insured both my bikes with them (cars too). They base premium on engine size. My 600rr fully covered, in Los Angeles area (santa monica) costs my $500/yr.

You may want to call and check on why it went up. they may bave made some mistake that upped your premiums. They made a small mistake on mine recently with the amount of mileage on my cars and they rectified it quickly when I pointed it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts