Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally from a stop going from neutral to 1st... well it won't go into gear. So I'm rolling back and forth at lights until it goes. Probably call the dealer abot it, but just wondered if maybe this is common with these and maybe a quick fix??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea you better call the dealer for your problem..but for now you could try this..

::for me, this sometimes happens when my bike is cold when first gettin outta the garage..

what I do while in neutral is release the clutch, and then pull it in again, and then click it to first. Usually it works all the time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think most bikes have this problem, If its even a problem at all. I know my kawi 250 and 600rr both have the problem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i always thought that was kind of normal. dirtbikes do it and my rr does it occassionally. hell i had to pull out in 2nd one time cause the traffic was bad and i didn't want to hold anyone up. sucks when it happens uphill!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not all the time, but it did it today a couple times what little time I was out. Usually happens everytime I take it out. Sometimes more sometimes less.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Whenever this happens to me I just let the clutch out a little as I'm nudge the shift lever down into first....when it catches you can either just go ahead and go or just grab the clutch back down.

V

·
0 Posts
Happens to me every once and a while. I just let the clutch out and then pull it back in and shift into gear, that normally does the trick.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
VinRR said:
Happens to me every once and a while. I just let the clutch out and then pull it back in and shift into gear, that normally does the trick.
I do the same or you can just kick it into gear. Only time it happends to me if i sit there rev'ing the engine in neutral :twisted:
or in neutral pushing the bike back and forward when waiting for the light. :Spin:

·
Registered
255 Posts
GA_RR said:
Whenever this happens to me I just let the clutch out a little as I'm nudge the shift lever down into first....when it catches you can either just go ahead and go or just grab the clutch back down.
+1

·
Registered
381 Posts
All I do if that happens is just relase the clutch while tapping the shifter several times and then it should going into gear. :twisted:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Same here I was going to ask the same ?. I just release the clutch and sqeeze it again and give a little gas the into 1st it goes. Sometimes releasing the clutch doesn't work unit I give it a little gas like i'm tring to take off.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Yeah, I have had that happen from time to time and I only have 100 miles on my bike. The one time I did not pull up all the way into second and it kinda grinded in from neutral. :( Only happen that once though. :roll: Oh well.

Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts