Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone who has a fender eliminator with the plate tucked up above the wheel has gotten problems from cops. I ordered a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit just cause I like the clean looks of it. However, I do not want to be hassled or ticketed for attempting to hide my license plate though.

·
Registered
237 Posts
From the reactions of people on this board I think it all depends on where you live. I have a CW kit and, knock on wood, I have never had any problems here in Indiana.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
shamster said:
However, I do not want to be hassled or ticketed for attempting to hide my license plate though.
Then don't hide your license plate. It can look clean without hiding it and giving the local P.D. a reason to stop you.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have a CW FE and my plate light is even out, but i havent had any problems

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I have an unused Jardine FE for sale if youre interested. It makes it legal, although you do have to add some kind of light to make it legal at night.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been told you only have to worry about **** head cops...which I guess counts about 90% of them...or is 100%...can't remember. I have it and I have not had a problem. the way I look at it, cops don't like us either way, and if you find one that is that much of an ass he'll bust you eaither way...they can always find something.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Hide it..

I have had mine about 6 months and no problem..

Only time i got problem was Bike Night in town.... where 7 CHP officers pulled me over nad gave me a ticket for no reflector... but made me bend my plate up a bit :-(

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I have a CW FE and here in PA it is legal. Has a plate light and it can be seen cleanly from 50 feet back.

Jason

·
Registered
344 Posts
shamster said:
I'm just wondering if anyone who has a fender eliminator with the plate tucked up above the wheel has gotten problems from cops. I ordered a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit just cause I like the clean looks of it. However, I do not want to be hassled or ticketed for attempting to hide my license plate though.
i've got the Jardine one and it's angled. I just bent the plate a little bit along with the bracket so it's clearly visible to someone from the rear. Just fidgit with it (if you have to) to make sure it's clearly visible and you won't be hassled.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hmr1 said:
I have an unused Jardine FE for sale if youre interested. It makes it legal, although you do have to add some kind of light to make it legal at night.
How much ?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Ive been pulled over twice for the Comp werks FE. I would not recommend it at all. Its a PITA to put on, because the instructions suck and has a lot of parts that I didnt even use. I didnt even really like the way it looked. In addition, it will put a groove in your mud guard.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
my homemade fe...no hassles.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
shamster said:
I just had that same kit put on today. Its a very clean nice looking kit and the plate is very visible. You should not have any problems from cops.

I just took some pics but my batterys just died so I cand down load them until they charge up. I'll post them up later .

·
Registered
207 Posts
I live in South East PA and havent had any problems from cops. The kit you are getting is legal, it has a light, the plate is visible, etc. I have no light over the plate but it is still visible and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
CW isn't legal in all states. In many states the plate is supposed to be at the very rear of the bike.

Antdaddy79 said:
I live in South East PA and havent had any problems from cops. The kit you are getting is legal, it has a light, the plate is visible, etc. I have no light over the plate but it is still visible and havent had any problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't call the CW FE plate location "hidden". It's clearly visible on my bike anyway.
Been using it for over a year, been pulled over for other things but never my plate location.

I think there's a lot to the theory that it all depends on the cop. If he/she wants to write up a ticket, they'll find something to use against you.

My $0.02, FWIW

1 - 20 of 24 Posts