Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 cbr 600 RR

Everytime I sit in traffic for a while my footpegs get really really hot and have in mind im wearing my alpinestars smx boots

Anyone else having this problem?

Anyway as soon as I am cruising its all good but I am wondering if some aftermarket footpegs would solve this.

:all_cohol

D

·
0 Posts
How do you feel the heat through your boots? I have the same boots and I've never noticed anything.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
you sound like you are trying to find an excuse to order some aftermarket rear sets haha.

I said I needed my windscreen to my wife because it keeps the guages cooler. HAHA
+1 lmfao. i need a full exhaust to warn the cars that im coming....

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Uhh, I'm wearing shoes so I don't know about the actual footpegs...

I have an 03 and took the heat shield off so my ankles get burned if it's really hot outside and it's hot on my calves and ankles...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Most likely its just your feet inside the boots that are hot and not the actual pegs. Have you actually touched the peg with your finger to see if its hot? The rearsets are bolted to the frame so I dont see why it would get hot.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Obviously when I put my feet on it , it actually gets hot I have burn-marks on my sneakers from when I wore those, I mainly use my boots now.

I commute everyday for an hour with heavy traffic lots of stop and go anyway its weird I guess no one else is having this issue.

Any recommendations on after-market pegs?

D

·
0 Posts
If your rearsets are actually getting hot enough to leave burn marks on your shoes, you need to look at your bike for problems. Are your rearsets bent and rubbing on the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your rearsets are actually getting hot enough to leave burn marks on your shoes, you need to look at your bike for problems. Are your rearsets bent and rubbing on the stock exhaust?

I checked and they seem fine, I only experience this problem on my way back home after work, It could be that the bike gets hot from being in the sun all day and then stop and go on rush hour traffic.

Sounds like a credible theory to me. :dontknow:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not a hope in hell that the pegs won't get hot enough to burn your sneakers if correctly installed.

It sounds like you have a bolt touching the exhaust & this is transferring the heat to your peg assuming this is happening to your right foot.

Check these bolts..

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help guys!

After checking the rear set I found a "residue" right where the back brake piston is. I wonder if that has anything to do with it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts