Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil pressure light comes on at idle
My oil pressure light is coming on once the bike warms up. It only stays on at idle, once you go over 2,000 rpms, it will go off. Once back at idle it will come back on again. I have replaced the oil pressure sensor and my oil pump.....have no idea what else it could be.....would greatly appreciate any advice and or help. THANKS

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
Make sure their is enough oil in the bike to begin with. Its and easy starting point. When was the last time you changed your oil? It is possible to have a clogged oil filter and its only getting enough oil pressure at a higher rpm than idle. What brand of oil filter are you using? What weight oil are you using? What kind and brand. You say this only happens after the bike warms up so it could be that the oil is to thin after the bike is up to operating temps.

K

·
0 Posts
thinner oil = less pressure.

check the connection as well. the sensor is located right next to the level window.

and just in case you need it, to check the oil level the bike must be warm and have been sitting with the engine off for no less than 5 minutes. bring the bike up to center. if you have a rear stand, you can use this without effecting the level much to make a difference. make sure you're on level ground too. if all appears well, please give us the info 600rr rider asked for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the oil level is fine, I change the oil every 2,000 miles and I use royal purple, 10W 40 with a filter from the Honda dealer. It is so strange though because the bike runs perfect and i've changed the sensor as well as the oil pump and neither has helped the problem at all.....everyone i've talked to is stumped to include myself

K

·
0 Posts
well hook up a analog gauge to the oil pressure outlet and take a reading. if it's normal, it's a faulty sending unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts