Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never seen the Daytona 675 in the medium grey color up close. Ive seen pictures and it looks nice. My question is, for those have one or have seen it up close how much of a metallic flake does the paint have? I cant tell from pics, but it looks a little flat. Im asking because I really like the color and want to paint my bike that color. If someone could take a high res pic in the sun that would be even better :) Ill try to go to my local Triumph dealer but last time I was there they only had a mustard yellow one. Thanks!

·
Registered
286 Posts
if you are getting the paint sprayed. The painter can add flake to it. It actually is just a powder you add to the paint and stir. But your choice doesn't stop there. There is smaller flake, larger flake, colored flake, and color changing flake. So just adding flake is a hard choice, and hard to tell what it will look like... I would have the painter mix very small amounts and spray test samples, with some diffrent flakes to actually see what it's going to look like. My .02

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you are getting the paint sprayed. The painter can add flake to it. It actually is just a powder you add to the paint and stir. But your choice doesn't stop there. There is smaller flake, larger flake, colored flake, and color changing flake. So just adding flake is a hard choice, and hard to tell what it will look like... I would have the painter mix very small amounts and spray test samples, with some diffrent flakes to actually see what it's going to look like. My .02
huh, thanks for the info...i would just want a small flake with no color. I want it to sparkle a little more thats all but not change the color itself.....is that possible or will the color still be unpredictable?

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's a flat colour as standard, little if any flake at all in it.

I wonder if there's any mileage in getting a small amount of flake added to a clearcoat & applying over the top of the original paint job? Might just end up looking crappy though I guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Thats a pic of my bike the day i took it home last year (Flame away it was a toss up between that and the RR)
It does have a bit of sparkle in the sun, but not really a whole ton. I would say there is very little flake in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts