Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tempted to get rid of the RR or my crf250xand and buddy of mine and me are looking at getting crf450x and putting supermoto wheels and regular street tires and going at it. I just wanted to know if anyone here has tried it or is big into it and whats fun about it and just give me a lecture on it :)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Friend has a Honda CRF450R. He blew the original engine so he had it rebuilt by some race company and now it is the sickest. I wouldn't get rid of the 600RR for one..save up so you can have both. If you buy used you can usually find a sweet deal on those.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2005 suzuki DRZ400SM full motard and it is the "funnest" thing ever. Once you get good with is you can drift into corners and ride wheelies for days. Wheelies are much much easer on a motard vs. my 600rr. I have been a honda fan my whole life never got anything els but this. Very pleased, they are pretty fast as well and all I have is full exhaust and rejetted and air box mod. I have gone 118 with a little more. Two thumbs up.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/122_2007_suzuki_new_motorcycles/photo_05.html#

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Dude, get a suzuki 450, ready made, street legal super motard!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys!! I have my 600rr I think I will keep but I also love riding dirt(been riding dirt since I was about 13 I am 19 now) and I have my crf250x but thats not enough power for motard IMO so I will think about it but thanks for the info!

·
Registered
621 Posts
dude i have my 600rr
and also i have a CRF250r Mootard

and man i enjoy ridin that thing more then my RR

i wont sell me RR but im gonna get a 450 and pass the 250 to the wife

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
would rather have a 4 stroke for the motard, less hassle on maintence

·
Registered
812 Posts
Zykan17 said:
I am tempted to get rid of the RR or my crf250xand and buddy of mine and me are looking at getting crf450x and putting supermoto wheels and regular street tires and going at it. I just wanted to know if anyone here has tried it or is big into it and whats fun about it and just give me a lecture on it :)
If you've riden serious motox, you'll dig motard. If you're street only, you'll need to get comfortable in the air (and the obstacles that get you there) before you can truly enjoy motard. A 250cc 4-stroke is a great bike to learn motard on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well I decided to get a new bike! and picked it up tonight

the 04 CRF600 its very rare:D
I think I might just try this on my dirt bike see how I like it just go get the rims its like 1000bucks and tires and go at it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the reason I am making it is my buddy doenst think he wan'ts to get a street bike he loves motoX to much so he is going to get a 450 and supermoto it and make it streetlegal so he can ride with me and all that fun stuff but I think it would be the funnest time in the world in the twistys riding motard style and I am just worried the 250 won't be enough power for me to get nasty in the corners with it but I am just being stupid so I think I will just buy some supermotowheels and tires get this thing street legal and go at it!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Definitely check out supermotojunkie for the latest of what guys are running if your gonna street it..I was doing some research on the exact same thing you are awhile back..A motard would be soo sick for Hawaii..Anyways last time I checked there were guys running tubes and some guys not running em, just making the rims as airtight as possible..If you're gonna run tubes, the problem is they heat up quickly..On long distance rides you lose tire pressure fast..But if it's gonna be a track bike or for short blasts then it shouldn't be a problem..I notice that nowadays the factory guys are running the marchensinis..but those are some serious dough..Troy Lee long beach sm is tommorow and I'm going, woohoo! ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
juni5 said:
Definitely check out supermotojunkie for the latest of what guys are running if your gonna street it..I was doing some research on the exact same thing you are awhile back..A motard would be soo sick for Hawaii..Anyways last time I checked there were guys running tubes and some guys not running em, just making the rims as airtight as possible..If you're gonna run tubes, the problem is they heat up quickly..On long distance rides you lose tire pressure fast..But if it's gonna be a track bike or for short blasts then it shouldn't be a problem..I notice that nowadays the factory guys are running the marchensinis..but those are some serious dough..Troy Lee long beach sm is tommorow and I'm going, woohoo! ;)
yup them rims are way to much
plus the reason most of the fatory guys run em are they get free replacements
those wheels after some Big jumps and hard landings will bend or break/crack
Alpina wheels would be the way to go
man they are sweet looking

As for the 250
dude if you have the bike just buy the parts for it and try it out
if ya need a bigger bike later almost all the250 parts are exchangeable with the 450's
Just re gear it man with my CRF250r on big tracks with long straights i run a 39tooth rear / 14 front

small go kart tracks i run 47 rear / 13 front

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Suzuki.... they make a street legal tricked out bike stock. I know its a suzuki but they are pretty damn cool. Only bad thing is low mileage range (its like a 2-3 gallon tank.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My motard (see sig) is more fun than any other street bike I have ridden, despite the fact that it will barely do 100mph.

It is entirely possible that I will never own a "sportbike" again for the street. They're just more at home on the track in every way, and I don't see their point on the street (as long as I am able to afford one bike for street and one bike for track/racing).

I'm hoping the Big-4 Japanese manufacturers will follow the lead of Ducati (Hypermotard) and KTM (Supermoto 950) and start working on street-focused v-twins that capture the guilty fun of thumper-based motards (e.g. DRZ400SM, XR650, my SM610) while being a bit more suitable for extended freeway riding. Sure they'll be heavier and a bit less flickable, but they will still have a tremendous appeal for the segment of the population that is interested in motarding but will never attempt "backing it in" to a corner.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts