Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have quads to ride/race? I am looking into getting back into the ATV scene.

How do you guyz compare riding your sportbikes to the ATV's? Which do you like better overall?

Thanks.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I grew up with a Suzuki QuadSport 230 and it was a blast. That was 15 years ago though, I am 34 now. I wish I had places to ride but I live in the suburbs. I could do whatever i wanted to with that thing, hold the throttle wide open and fish tale at will, jump in the air about 6ft at 50mph, etc.. a blast and you didn't have to worry about a car pulling out in front of you.

On a sportbike, you have to be more disciplined because of the power, the law, and cagers. You can't let loose like you want to unless you have the luxury of track time and money. I love sportbikes though, it's a whole different game.

Each has its rewards I guess, wish I could do the ATV thing as well since they have bigger engines and are faster these days. I would look into the Banshee or the Honda 400R.

X

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I love them both equally. I have ben riding dirtbikes and quads since i was 11. Then when i turned 18 i got my first street bike. I always find time to play with them both. I mostly do trail riding and stunting around my house but every once in a while i go out to the trax in PA and ride there. IMO stick with a honda quad there are mor reliable. I have a 400ex and am definitely going to say go with that but its whatever you are looking for wether it be racing(honda 450r) trail riding (400ex) or mud bogging(some sort of 4wd) its whatever fits your personality. Personally i think the 400 is the comfortable medium if you are looking to do a little bit of eveything

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I love them both equally also. I started off on a honda 70 three wheeler when i was 3 and have been hooked ever since. I never did any actual racing , although i have always wanted to, all i have done is rode on some buddys tracks at their houses. I just got into street bikes this year. NoMoJo is right about the honda quads being more reliable, but i am a sucker for the polaris predator still :mrgreen:

·
Moto GP Racer
3,753 Posts
xphile said:
I grew up with a Suzuki QuadSport 230 and it was a blast.
Me too hahahaa. I still have the frame. I blew the engine racing it at the track and reworked it. It was bored revavled and the internals were replace with lighter components. I was blowing 250 Blasters away. That is until my friend got hold of it and blew the engine.(again) The oil drain plug must have been stripped and it fell out. I still have the frame, plastics, and 4 Holeshot tires on it which may be dryrotted by now. I haven't seen it in over 6 years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used to race my quads. I had an 89' 250R with more than $15,000 into it, set up for racing. I just sold my Cannondale Moto440 that I bought for $11,500, and then put money into. Quads are crazy fast now, but I dont know whether to get a new bike, or get back into quadding.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have an 86 trx 250r, i love it and it hauls ass but it needs to go. anyone want it? $3k and i will toss in the 95 s10 i use to haul it around. :razz: (both are in NH). i love how its so light, i can put it in the truck myself without ramps or anything and how it can hang with banshees.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a 2000 honda 400ex that had about 10k into it, all lonestar chassis, motor had TC pipe, cam, the head was ported by Dave Moore at MP racing, dude makes some KILLER two strokes, like his polanda (250R bottom end and a polaris 400 cylinder ontop on alky:). Im currently trying to part out the 400ex so if your interested....
I kinda went ona shopping spree at the local dealership... picked up my new trx450R.... yea lemmie check smokes my 400 easily, 2 days later the 600 was in the garage. I raced District 23 for about a year, got too exspensive since i was going to start school the next fall so i got out of it. Right now im kinda trying to get back into it, and also racing sleds in the winter. I have yet to get on a track with my 600 so i havent felt the rush of racing around a track yet:) :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
get the 450 honda, bad ass quad

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but its the decision to get EITHER the new quad, or a new sportbike...i sold all my bikes...so..where what would you get? quad or bike?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Never raced but I ride a Yamaha Raptor 660.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts