Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i swear people like this should be put to death!

Driver held in motorcyclist death Marana motorist suspected of hitting rider in road rage
By Djamila Grossman , Arizona Daily Star Mon Mar 27, 3:48 AM ET

A Marana man who police say used his minivan to intentionally strike the back of a motorcycle, killing the rider, was booked into jail Sunday on suspicion of second-degree murder.

Edmond Gonzalez Jr., 42, who was driving on a suspended driver's license, was driving west on East Golf Links Road shortly after noon Saturday in a red 2005 Dodge Caravan, when he started chasing a motorcyclist, striking its rear with the left side of his van and leaving the scene of the fatal crash, said Sgt. Mark Robinson, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

Vince Schoenherr, 45, lost control of his 2005 Harley-Davidson and was thrown underneath an eastbound car waiting to make a U-turn near the intersection of Golf Links and South Mann Avenue. He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a Tucson Police Department news release. Schoenherr was not wearing a helmet.

Gonzalez "made a deliberate movement to strike that motorcycle," Robinson said, calling it a case of road rage. "I can't think of another documented incident like that."

Witnesses told police that Gonzalez was upset over "personal matters" and was driving aggressively, including speeding, following other cars too closely, cutting cars off and weaving in and out of traffic, Robinson said.

Police said Gonzalez and Schoenherr got into an argument regarding Gonzalez's aggressive driving while they both drove west on East Golf Links Road. After the argument, police said Schoenherr tried to distance himself from the minivan, but Gonzalez chased the motorcycle and rammed it, causing Schoenherr to crash.

Detectives located the van about 12:45 a.m. Sunday at Gonzalez's house in the 13900 block of West Grier Road, Robinson said.

Gonzalez was booked into the Pima County jail on one count each of second-degree murder and leaving the scene of a fatal traffic accident, the release said. Gonzalez is being held on a $300,000 bond. In addition to driving on a suspended license for driving under the influence, Gonzalez's criminal history includes charges on aggravated assault, aggravated DUI, failure to carry a vehicle registration card, driving without a valid driver's license and driving with a suspended license, according to Pima County Justice Court online records.

Gonzalez declined an interview request Sunday.

Arizona Daily Star
Tucson Classifieds
Press Pass - UA Sports

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You never know who is behind the wheel and this proves it. Keep your cool on the roads and stay away from confrontations... bike vs cage = hurt biker. (in this case, dead biker)

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
that is just as bad as shooting a guy and killing him that bastard should
be put away in a cage with a bunch of female lions

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i always ride in front of traffic. if it takes me getting a ticket for doing 5 over the speed limit and living to ride tomorrow. ill take the ticket with no fuss.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he probally dont have ****. you see all his convictions prior to this? but im down to tar and feather!

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
$300,000 bond???? thats it???? sh1t, it wont take but a few of his illegal family members to come up with(10%) $30,000 and bail his ass out and he'll be gone to mexico.

He should be being held without bail...he "intentionally" killed somebody.

·
Registered
540 Posts
2nd degree is the right charge... inbetween true premed and accidental.....

anyway, i hope that f**ker spends a lot of time in the big house getting violated. i bet the tool almost hit the biker before, and that's why they started arguing about his retarded driving....

i had someone come after me in a van when i was in a car, and that was scary enough. wtf is up w/ ppl in the country lately. do something they don't like, and they shoot you or run you off the road or wtf ever...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
dxh13 said:
2nd degree is the right charge... inbetween true premed and accidental.....
Ah, that makes sense. To be first, he wouldve had to have planned to run down that person with his van ahead of time.

Whatever the case, I hope he gets a really horny cellmate with a 15inch package.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
that is one sad story.. how many lives have been ruined by 1 dumba$s... sux... +10 on the energetic cellmate!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts