Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is 600rr.net and most of you like fast sports bikes. I'm looking to pick up a starter bike and my mechanic has a 1971 CB100 he's willing to sell me. I'm just wondering if any of you had or have old Honda bikes. Let me know any info rolling around your brains. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
my uncle has a 71 or 73 (can't remember) Honda CB450 in great shape. it use to be forrest green with buck bars but he took it apart and had the frame and all the metal painted jet black and put straight drag bars on it so it really looks good. it has been sitting covered in the garage for a few years so now it needs tires and the carbs cleaned and syncronized but other than that it is ready to go. we were talking about getting it out and putting it back on the road so we'll see what happens this summer.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Hell yeah, I rock out on my 71' Honda CB450!! Its an absolute Blast to drive and get compliments Everywhere i go. It was my fathers, he bought it when he was my age brand new off the showroom floor.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I like the 2-stroke race bikes if you want to call them classic.

Jason

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Visitor Q said:
I like the 2-stroke race bikes if you want to call them classic.

Jason
+1..........

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Nice bikes, I'm currently in the process of rebuilding this one myself...

That's how it looked when I pulled it out of a backyard it was laying in for 15 years.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
victory said:
ga_rr,

is that cx500? they are nice bikes...
Yep, '78 CX500. My father's ride when I was in grade school. He had some little problems with it and it ended up in his backyard under a tarp for about 15 years. I rescued it a year or so ago and brought it to my house with plans to rebuild it. Every few months when I have a day or two I'll spend a little time on it. One of these days I'm going to get serious about it and get her running again.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
My dad has a CB750 with ape hangers, sissy bar, and 8" ext. forks. And I still have my CB400four, been wanting to pull them out and getting them running again since I got the RR.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
victory said:
Check this out... http://www.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/150114030.html
I wanted to get this or a cb750 but ended up getting a kawasaki kz650 instead :(... i know kawa... Its gonna be a cafe project. Also, check this out if you havent already:
http://cb750cafe.com
Not a thing wrong with the KZ. Check out kzrider.com for more info. Here's my buddy's bike. I've done all the work on it and I think I get more excited about new parts for it than he does.
This is a rather old picture. Since it I have painted most of the silver parts black with plans for some powdercoating. I should have some new ones soon. He just ordered a dual headlight setup for it, digital gauges, SS lines, and new rear shocks that I'll be installing over the weekend. I'm in the process of searching for some rearsets and trying to talk him into clip ons to make it more of a cafe racer.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I know it's not a honda, but my dad has an '83 yamaha XJ750 midnight maxim. thing only had 6500 original miles when he bought it 3 years ago. It's an awesome bike, esp for being so old... I've replaced a couple of bolts on it that broke while fixing/ adjusting stuff... At that age you have to go custom cause no one sells the OEM ones anymore...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts