Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the deal is i had my bike stolen, however i had lo jack with the early warnin system that alerts me right wen the bike is moved. when i bought my bike the dealer informed me that lo jack would pay me 5k if they did not find my bike within 30 days. well it has been more than 30 days and when i called lo jack, they told me because i had liability insurance, i could not receive the 5k. i am pretty sure that there is no mention of full coverage on the contract that i signed and its not even in the booklet that they gave me stating the terms and conditions. does anyone understand how lo jack works? i am going to try to call them and see if they will give me the 5k and if they dont, does anyone think i have a case in court?

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
sorry bout your bike.. but lo jacks junk.. those who buy them get suckered in to buying them lol.. bet you guys have alot of infomercial products as well. that 1k in lo jack could go into your full coverage insurance instead..

heres a link about that whole 5k deal .. good luck

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=112754
how does that make lo jack junk.
a lot of people have this crap all wrong. lo jack is not a theft deterrent, its a recovery/tracking device.

2 very different things. Also in that thread, dudes an idiot because he didnt read what he was buying.

·
Registered
154 Posts
oh man you call lo jack and let them know that it never says anything about you having full coverage and that you speak to there supervisor and that your going to get a lawyer. DO NOT LET THIS COMPANY BULLY YOU!
PM me man so we can talk about my updates as well. Hope everything works out for you bro. dont listen to any of these morons who are only trying to talk crap because they dont know the situation were really in.
Ride Safe man.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats wat i thought. they neva mentioned anythin about full coverage, which is y i didnt think i needed it since i paid off half my bike with a down payment already. i will try to contact them again 3inINK and will let u kno if i hav any luck. it seems they r jus givin me the runaround and doin ther best not to pay for wat they promised. so far, no luck tho. erytime i call and ask to talk to a supervisor, i get transferred to a voicemail and so far have not received any calls back. i left at least 5 messages already. i am truly dissapointed in lo jack and would never hav thought such a well known company would do this. wish me luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
btw 3inINK, dont get mad at people on this forum. they tricked me too and im sure were not the only ones. some people jus dont understand wat it feels like to be in our situation. i jus feel cheated on top o havin my bike stolen

·
Registered
154 Posts
btw 3inINK, dont get mad at people on this forum. they tricked me too and im sure were not the only ones. some people jus dont understand wat it feels like to be in our situation. i jus feel cheated on top o havin my bike stolen
Me too I know what its like tram. i hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
how does that make lo jack junk.
a lot of people have this crap all wrong. lo jack is not a theft deterrent, its a recovery/tracking device.

2 very different things. Also in that thread, dudes an idiot because he didnt read what he was buying.
woops i guess you have lo jack.. besides.. i dont see why you guys want your bike back after its stolen.. am i missing something here? i guess u would want it back if u dont have full coverage.. but for the money.. i rather have full coverage than some lo jack.. i can say they are junk because i use to install them in cars..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not that i want my bike. i basically purchased lo jack because they told me that if they did not find my bike within 30 days, they would give me 5000. since i had already put 5k as a down payment, i figured it would be enough to pay off the bike if anythin ever happend to it. turns out, they dont want to give me anything and are just ignorin my calls.

·
19,904 Posts
hey dickhead I did read my paperwork right *******.
lo jack is saying I didnt buy there warranty and I have that paperwork.
why dont you read the whole blog before you start talking crap.
was that necessary n00bie, its all good tho. ill hook u up.

·
19,904 Posts
woops i guess you have lo jack.. besides.. i dont see why you guys want your bike back after its stolen.. am i missing something here? i guess u would want it back if u dont have full coverage.. but for the money.. i rather have full coverage than some lo jack.. i can say they are junk because i use to install them in cars..
i have theft recovery insurance. i have lojack on my car, not my bike. dont make ASSumptions buddy. i wouldnt put it on my bike. that pointless, theres not much places to hide it asnd they can strip a bike in a few hours and youll be tracking a part in a dump truck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have theft recovery insurance. i have lojack on my car, not my bike. dont make ASSumptions buddy. i wouldnt put it on my bike. that pointless, theres not much places to hide it asnd they can strip a bike in a few hours and youll be tracking a part in a dump truck.
yeah thats exactly what happened with my bike i just posted a thread about it titles Bike Recovery with Pics. I'll never get lo jack again man, my bad bro got a little too upset there I think the last thing I needed was someone saying I didnt go through the paperwork.
Anyways check out that thread and look what they did. Its a mess.
P.S. I also have full coverage too but I just got excited about having an extra 5k to throw around.

·
19,904 Posts
Which is why I wouldn't put it on a bike. Its just not worth it, too quick to scrap, too easy to move. On a car, truck, trailer, yeah. Then its a good deal, other than that, all u got is good security and insurance.

·
19,904 Posts
Sounds like a personal problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it is a problem. i jus couldnt afford the 4k for full coverage at the time.

·
19,904 Posts
There are 3 ways to do insurance. They only tell you about 2.

Basic liability
Liability + comprehensive
Full coverage.

Most insurance companies don't tell you about option 2, but most will provide that. This is what I have. Collision, which comes with full coverage is what makes our sh1t so expensive, cause they'll have to total it out for the simplest accident, and its a high risk in terms of severe damage and being totalled.

You can combine liability and comprehensive, but not liability and collision.
Talk to you're insurance agent, tell em you want to be covered for theft and vandalizm, but not collision. Then they'll know u want liability and comprehensive. That's what I have right now with progressive, and had it before with foremost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts