Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy has a 2007 ZX6R with 800 miles on it but he never rides. I've been saving up money to get and 07-08 600rr, which is what I really want, however he says he is willing to sell me the bike all I have to do is take over payments. Basically I don't have to give him any money.

My plan is to take the payments over for about $8,000 that is still owed and either sell the bike or trade it for a 600rr. He got the deal of the century and walked away with a 0% loan so his payments are only $89 per month, will I be getting that same deal or will I have to get different financing? Also, if I do get the bike will I be able to sell it for any sort of profit?

I don't know anything about how financing works so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
to legally do it you would have to get financing in YOUR name. I was looking over some previous posts here and it has been discussed before. Banks wont allow theyre leases to transfer, so if your buddy wanted you to take over your payment, and you didnt qualify for a loan with them, you would be paying for the bike in his name.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Those $89/mth deals usually balloon after 12 or 24 mths. $8000 is a little steep to pay for and 07 6R IMO. I sold my 07 RR in May for about $7K. Better deals to be had or just keep saving up cash

·
Banned
1,087 Posts
You'd have to finance it in your name. That means different rates -- unless you trust him enough to pay him monthly and let him pay the payments.

On a side note, you're not going to get 8k out of it if you do decide to sell it. I'd just stick with getting a new RR.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I talked with some more people and I'm just gonna hold off for the RR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.