Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 06 RR and it came with the RS-5 Carbon slip-on. Just wondering if anyone knows where I could get just the header? I tried a quick search (Yoshimura Header) but nothing really came up. I'm going to try the Yoshi site but would like to not pay full pop if possible.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I want to say that most slip ons do not have the option of mating to headers; that's because most full systems use a design that does not leave the junction point in the stock position (the exception is Arrow, who make a set of headers that does this and can mate to the stock slip on or any aftermarket slipon.)

Ergo, Yoshi full exhausts cannot be mixed and matched with their slipons (99% sure; I'd send an email to Yosh USA to confirm.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, I kind of thought that was the case but hoping there was a way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok just got a confirmation from Yoshimura, you can somehow convert a slip-on to a full system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Were they... no more specific?
Nope, just need to email them back for pricing and parts. Will update when I get more info, for anyone else out there.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
165 Posts
update this post with price, I need a yosh header for my rs-5 so I can compare the price to some arrow headers

·
Registered
165 Posts
...please lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK bad news for me is that I have to get the headers through a Canadian dealer even though I have a shipping address in the states. If I had a US credit card matching the address then I can get it. So I will try to get the prices tomorrow or Friday and post it up for any CDN's that want one, I'm sure you lucky Americans will get a way better deal! :banghead:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will talk with my Yosh guy tomorrow and see what I can do for you.
Awesome, thanks! No rush on it though cause I was planning to get it in the off season, too many vacations planned not enough money to do both. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Just heard back - a Yoshimura header from their full system has a slightly different diameter so it will not work with the slip on. Sorry.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just heard back - a Yoshimura header from their full system has a slightly different diameter so it will not work with the slip on. Sorry.
Weird, Don from Yoshimura said that I can convert it, unless he just meant by buying the complete system?? :ponder:

Well thanks again for trying, much appreciated!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts