Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i know the large end is usb normal size but is the small end a mini usb male or micro usb male the small end plugs into satnav on bike but will not reach so do i need a female to male micro usb extension or female to male mini usb extension or is what i need called something else
thanks

the above cable will power my satnav however the cable im using is the original tomtom cable with 12v plug into cigar lighter but the other end which wont quite reach is identical to the small end pictured above so whatever cable i need to extend the small end above will also be fine for cable whats on the bike
thanks

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
yeah, looks like you'll need a female to male normal usb extension. I don't think they make the micro usb extensions. I've seen the normal usb extensions in electronics stores, or you can search online.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Looks like a micro one

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah, looks like you'll need a female to male normal usb extension. I don't think they make the micro usb extensions. I've seen the normal usb extensions in electronics stores, or you can search online.
i need to extend the small end minx which plugs in to satnav because its not the above pictured cable im using the satnav cable is under fairings on bike so was easier to ipc this one,the cable on bike has a 12v push in plug in rear cowl which pushes/plugs in to cigarette ligher under rear seat and the little end reaches middle of tank only and i need it to reach to the dashboard under screen and theres no slack on it

·
Premium Member
688 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
why not just get the usb extender and move the original wire (unless permantly mounted), or just buy a longer cable all together?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just saying that I haven't seen any micro extensions but have seen the normal extensions so it might be easier to extend that part instead of the micro end.

but I proved myself wrong - they do exist!
http://www.showmecables.com/product/Mini-USB-B-Extension-Cable-3-Feet.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=23-115-007&gclid=CKqHm42hvrMCFYqZ4AodAWMAOQ
brilliant minx thanks so much ,that looks exactly what i need,so its a mini ,thanks everyone,that definately looks the one to me

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
brilliant minx thanks so much ,that looks exactly what i need,so its a mini ,thanks everyone,that definately looks the one to me
brilliant!

·
Registered
821 Posts
yep definetly a mini, micro's are whats becoming standard on cell phones...and yes there is a difference

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I like turtles!!!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
yes micro usb extensions do exist. I bought one about year ago.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone,found a few on ebay
cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.