Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

that one fuel bar is actually in the glass but why? obviously its doesnt have to be so i thought there has to be a reason. i always wondered but never asked anyone, and if anyone knows... im sure their on this forum!

thanks!!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
It is just to show the "bottom of the tank". I guess when the last bar is flashing in a low fuel situation it is supposed to help get your attention.

·
Registered
939 Posts
maybe cause the lcd cant do red?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i thought but the only thing diff with this bar than the others is it blinks when the bike is on with low fuel but i wonder why would it be visible when its off?
an lcd segment can blink without being printed on the back of the lcd glass so i thought there had to be a reason.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
For the same reason my dash bulbs are white but show up red in my Audi. The bulb is white but the instrument cover in front of the bulb is red.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as [MB] said it is so when the last bar in the fuel gauge starts to flash it appears that it is a red/black flash...also lets see how that overlay looks when lit up
yea, you guyz are right, i never looked close enough to see the red when its off, so the black bar blinking makes a red/black flash
heres the old/new dash lit (with blue leds)

what year is that cluster from? where can i buy one? i like it a lot better than my plain black one.
its an 04 dash, the white is a reverse overlay on top of the stock black!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts