Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be moving to long beach soon, and was wondering how safe it is to have a bike parked in a shared building parking structure, or if I should consider parking it elsewhere

·
Registered
351 Posts
some parts of long beach are questionable especially lb NORTH more south is less likley to have trouble...either way just make sure your insurance covers theft.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be closer to my job. You make it sound like LB sucks? I've haven't spent much time there, but I'm hoping it's a decent place to live and work...

·
Registered
387 Posts
There are nice parts and no so nice parts. Standard rule applies. Secure it. Cover it. Insure it. Lots of riders in the LB area. (And they host a bike show or two there every year). Get to know your neighbors. Identify the nice ones. But keep an eye out on the ones that may be keeping a "special" eye on your bike (and your other possessions).

·
Registered
461 Posts
what parts north? i heard the cal heights/bixby knolls area is pretty safe?
Bixby Knolls and Belmont Shores/Heights are pretty nice areas. I don't think I would feel comfortable leaving my bike anywhere but a locked garage though.

Good luck with your move.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, most parts in LGB are rather shady.... lots of theft. Best to move closer to downtown or near 2nd street.
Agreed like I said more south second street and Belmont shores I wouldn't venture to much past that it gets semi shady especially at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.