Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i dont have a problem with my SMX Plus boots.
angle your ankle a little so that the edge of the
heal on the boot will catch the stand.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have those same boots (SMX PLUS).. like SLAPS said just angle your foot down a little and the heel will catch the kickstand.. piece of cake.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I have the same problem with the same boots, sometimes I stick it, other times I fudge it big time (like yesterday, had a slow mo dump but luckly my sliders saved it.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
my kickstand is harder to put down with my rearsets....but whatever.

on a different but related note...

after 5 years of riding, I stopped in julian in the middle of a longer ride to grab some lunch with motomike and erik, forgot to put my kickstand down, and barely saved it. a good laugh for all. hehe.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I accidentally knocked mine into first gear once trying to find the kickstand without looking. The only damage was I looked kile a noob. I'm getting the impression that nobody has modified thier kickstand.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i had a hell of a time getting my kickstand down with my rearsets w/ tennis shoes at first....havent tried with my A* smx-r's yet but it's all in the way you angle your foot to get the heel to catch....try pointing your toe towards 10 o'clock.

·
Registered
77 Posts
usmcr6 said:
my kickstand is harder to put down with my rearsets....but whatever.

on a different but related note...

after 5 years of riding, I stopped in julian in the middle of a longer ride to grab some lunch with motomike and erik, forgot to put my kickstand down, and barely saved it. a good laugh for all. hehe.
Sounds like something I would do, I'll have to be careful when I get a street bike, walk into work, hear a noise and see my bike on its side... i'd want the day off.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
no problems with me putting down the sidestand, you just got to learn how to contort your left leg a bit. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts