Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a seat cowl bad. It is very hard to find one that is candy blue. A damaged one just went on ebay for $135!! There are some other colors floating around black, red, yellow. Has anyone painted anything candy blue to match their bike? I kinda wanted to use spraypaint. I know I know, but I can make it look good through a wet sanding and repainting process. I would get the paint color code matched. I just want to know if it matches good. I heard you can get touch up paint in an aerosol can for any color.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's wrong w/ you sheep paying retail for everything? The guy on ebay is out of blue seat cowls last I checked. The cheapest I can find them is $149. If I can buy a scratched one for $80 and paint, I'm game.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You'll pay near $60 for primer, paint and clear coat. Plus the headache of having a shop paint it, which more than likely will not come out to be perfection. Might as well pay the $149 and have it right.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can paint it myself. I was going to use spray cans. Yes, I think I can get it to look right. Just wet sand, paint, wet sand, paint, etc. then buff. I have some experience w/ this. I was actually going to do a fairing first to make sure. I have one that is rashed that I plan on replacing soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You'll need a better clear coat than what a spray can has to offer if you want it to look as glossy as the fairings.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Call Western Honda in Scottsdale, AZ. One of my buddies here in VA orders all his OEM stuff from them at quite a discount. They will work with the price if you ask them. Thier number is 480-994-8400.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks mule, that is exactly what I was looking for. It is expensive, more than I thought. I heard it was like $10-15 a can. I also forgot about the two-step process for making it "candy".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts