Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a trailer and hitch for my car since I travel inbetween school and home every once and a while and I dont like riding the highway for long periods of time. Does anyone have any trailer suggestions? It needs to be small since I only have a 1.8 liter 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
"search" is yoru friend. this topic has been covered quite a bit lately.

yes it is possible. I use my 97 acura integra to haul my bike to the track.

try www.hitchmart.com for hitches. I paid about $150 (inc shipping). that website has downloadable install instructions for your vehicle so you can check if it requires drilling or not. Mine didnt and I installed it myself in 15 minutes.

harborfreight.com has these trailers for $250. you add the plywood. they fold up. they're cheap, dont look pretty if left out in the weather but work.

Here's what the one I borrow looks like.

I also rent Uhaul trailers-significantly more weight and you can feel it in my car. I prefer the ease of use of the Uhaul but the feel of the harbor freight...the HF trailer you need to get a ramp too.

pablo-

·
Registered
344 Posts
very helpful post! i, too, have an integra and am thinking about getting a trailer for towing to and from the track. I wasn't aware it was this easy though.

Thanks!

·
Registered
980 Posts
i have an RSX what do you think get a trailor lol?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went and looked at trailers on harbor freights website, Im looking at one that comes with 8" tires....how are those going to do going down the highway at 70 or 75?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I killed the transmission in my girlfriends old Cavalier by towing my SeaDoo to the river every weekend. I guess that little car didn't like going 90+ MPH uphill with an extra 600 lbs attacked to the bumper.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
JSS829 said:
I went and looked at trailers on harbor freights website, Im looking at one that comes with 8" tires....how are those going to do going down the highway at 70 or 75?

in CA the speed limit for cars w/trailers is 55. I'd opt for the 12" wheels anyway.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
madbrown75 said:
I killed the transmission in my girlfriends old Cavalier by towing my SeaDoo to the river every weekend. I guess that little car didn't like going 90+ MPH uphill with an extra 600 lbs attacked to the bumper.
was it an automatic? I've heard towing is hard on automatic's. MIne's a manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts