Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I have taken a few years off but kept my race bike. Got back into it this year about half way through the season. Its been fun getting back up to speed but still have a ways to go. I didnt have any points so had to start all the races from the back of the grid. I forgot how much of a crap shoot it is starting in the back with everyone.

Anyone else racing the RR?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Nope.

"Retired" and am enjoying it. Though I'm trying to get into Adventure riding. That's what happens when you get older.

Ever since I stopped racing you realize how much money I've saved up. Racing is expensive but not gonna lie...I've had some great moments with friends and all.

Just not worth it to me at my age. I'll take my two championships and run with it. :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you man it is expensive. I raced a lot from 2006 to 2010 in colorado, nebraska, phoenix, salt lake, ect. and decided to take some time off. I raced a ninja 250 for part of the season in 2013 but it wasnt the same. Fun little bike but would rather ride the RR. I am 41 now and race for different reasons than before and am having a blast doing it. We have some guys in our club racing in their late 50's and early 60's and still are plenty fast.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
There are several other reasons why I quit racing. One of them being my body is screwed up. It's getting worse as I get older. And I'm not willing to sacrifice/push my body like I did just for hardware. It's the competitive nature in me to compete. Otherwise I'd be doing trackdays only. LOL

Shoot, I won't even do that.

I really think Adventure riding will fire up the passion for riding again. Been thinking and planning for it for the past 2 months now.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you will have a blast doing that as well. I enjoy all types of riding thats for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.