Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone re-wired thier lowbeams to both be an at the same time ? I'll asume there are differant bulbs on either side due to it comming from the factory with 1 low beam also?

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
There nothing different about the two lights other than the housings. In one the beam is higher and more spread out, in the other, it's lower.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
theRTGUY said:
Just curious if anyone re-wired thier lowbeams to both be an at the same time ? I'll asume there are differant bulbs on either side due to it comming from the factory with 1 low beam also?
There is a super easy way to do what you are looking to do. It dosen't cost anything and you already have the parts. Ready?

PUT THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH TO HIGH BEAM. Then both will be on. As stated, the low beam housing is different than the high beam. They are made to work together on high. :lol2:

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
if you leave it on all the time, you can play with the adjuster screws to lower the high beam a bit so as not to completely blind everyone all the time. just be careful of leaving it on in long stop and go traffic, can drain ya battery quick

·
Registered
60 Posts
I ALWAYS ridw withthe highbeam(or second headlight) on...traffic,night,day,cruising and I never have any problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
you will have to rewire with different relay to run both bulbs... the alternator can handle it...just keep the revs over 4gs... with relays in place you can run different buls that have true high and low settings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts