Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being stationed far far away from my bike I had to look at somthing else to keep my interest, I used to ride pedal bikes alot growing up so now i kind of got back into it. I was wondering if any other RR riders ride BMX, road, etc? bikes around. these are some pics of my Bianchi I picked up here in Japan for 1,200$:banger:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I race road and mountain bikes! Congrats on the bike. Gotta love pedal power too!

2009 Giant Anthem X1
2009 Giant TCR Adv SL
2010 Giant TCR Adv SL
2009 Salsa Big Mama
2006 Salsa Primero
2008 Giant TCR Alliance
2007 Salsa Moto Rapido
2006 TCR 1

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I race road and mountain bikes! Congrats on the bike. Gotta love pedal power too!

2009 Giant Anthem X1
2009 Giant TCR Adv SL
2010 Giant TCR Adv SL
2009 Salsa Big Mama
2006 Salsa Primero
2008 Giant TCR Alliance
2007 Salsa Moto Rapido
2006 TCR 1
Thanks! you have alot of bikes. How did you get into racing?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yeah used to race road and mountain. Just do it to stay in shape now. I have a Colnago road bike. Via Italia!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks! you have alot of bikes. How did you get into racing?
My family owns 2 bike shops, I run one of them. Grew up with bikes everywhere. Went to college and raced for my two collegiate teams. Still riding all the time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I wish I had a road bike. I still have my mountain bakes. I used to race here in Ohio when I was younger. I have GT Timberline. it was made way back in '97 when GT still meant something.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im trying to get into Mountain biking here in Japan more, I know they have some sick places here that I have not been to!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ride a bmx bike 5 days a week 15- 20 miles a day for exercise and a little skate park/ vert riding for fun. It's a gary fisher frame with mostly dk components.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used to ride dirt on my BMX, it was a Gary Fisher pure bender (kick). Unfortunately it was stolen. I also ride a Specialized rock hopper on the mountain trails.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
spent 10+yrs as a uscf racer ending as a cat 2

did some mt bike racing also..... way harder in terms of power output and time at AT...brutal!!

I could'nt stay w/the 18yr old kids going dhill......

Japan should have some absolutely sick trails?

·
Registered
836 Posts
i ride BMX, ive got a 2000 GT Bump. converted for flatland riding, i jacked up all my joints though lol so i cant really flatland anymore, but i still ride when i can! i feel u on that Quick Accord....GT really lost a lot when they sold out to Pacific bikes! thats why i stiil have the 2000...its the fossil remains of what GT used to stand for!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I used to race road bikes, Cat.4. now I just ride for fitness and run also. Own a steel frame Colnago and carbon fiber trek madone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ride a Felt F35 3-4 days a week on the road and my trusty Trek on the trails a few times a month. I do mostly local races on both. Living at the base of the Blueridge Mountains in NC means we climb all the time. Some days I really miss those flat days in Florida. People often question safety when they talk to me about motorcycles, but I am probably safer on the RR than my road bike. On the RR, I can see people coming from behind, cars don't pass me in my own lane, I wear leather and a full face helmet vs styrofoam and lycra, I have a bright tail and head lights, and I never have to worry about not being able to outrun somebody should I need to.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
my trick bike back from the day literally has over 10k miles.. i rode that bike EVERYWHERE.. i would ride it on 2 hour rides to get to friends house.. it was a dyno trick bike.. not comfortable, not light, but it got the job done from age 6-still now .. that bike.. its like part of the family :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts