Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the beginning course last year and this year I want to take the ERC. I was just wondering what it covers and what to expect versus the beginning course. I like the idea of being able to take it with a passenger since that's probably how I'll do most of my riding this summer. And if anyone in central NC knows a good place to take it let me know. Seems like most places only offer one date and the ones I've checked so far don't work.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I took the MSF and I know they offer another one in which you bring your own bike. I guess it would be a good idea to take that one as well.

Jason

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello...I am an MSF (BRC and ERC) RiderCoach. The class is basically the same as the BRC except it is on your own bike. You start with a little classroom information and TCLOCS. Then you start riding a simple weave. After a few laps, try to do the weave one handed. After that there are offeset weaves, Uturns, swerves, corning and such. There are no passangers. The class is about 6 hours long and is very good for honing your lower speed maneuvers. I hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the community college for the county I live in offers the ability to do the class with a passenger but I'm finding they are the rare exception. Unfortunately I guess there has not been enough interest in the class so they cancelled the one date they had planned for this year.

·
7,847 Posts
DolphinGirl said:
Hello...I am an MSF (BRC and ERC) RiderCoach. The class is basically the same as the BRC except it is on your own bike. You start with a little classroom information and TCLOCS. Then you start riding a simple weave. After a few laps, try to do the weave one handed. After that there are offeset weaves, Uturns, swerves, corning and such. There are no passangers. The class is about 6 hours long and is very good for honing your lower speed maneuvers. I hope this helps a bit.
Sounds cool, I just would hate to dump my bike going through it. :shock:

Jason

·
Registered
90 Posts
Visitor Q said:

Jason
It's a good class. However, dumping your own bike does suck! In my last class (an let me emphasize that this was an exceptionto my classes) I had 11 students and this is what happened:
1 - battery die (rider left key on all the time)
1 - 636 tip over in the right uturn and break a peg
1 - zx6r with blown fork seals, removed and share a bike with his brother on the 636
1 - 900rr tuck the front end and flip it onto his ankle
1 - Vstar crash onto it's owner breaking 3 ribs, a collar bone and dislocating his shoulder.

10 hours and 1 ambulance later...the class was complete...with 1 failure.

·
Registered
881 Posts
DolphinGirl said:
It's a good class. However, dumping your own bike does suck! In my last class (an let me emphasize that this was an exceptionto my classes) I had 11 students and this is what happened:
1 - zx6r with blown fork seals, removed and share a bike with his brother on the 636
1 - Vstar crash onto it's owner breaking 3 ribs, a collar bone and dislocating his shoulder.

Where can I sign up for your stunting class? :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
The IRC will never be back in NJ. The state beauracracy won't accept it. The state run class never taught the IRC so they won't certify the lower skill ERC as an IRC. So I guess if they don't teach it, it dosen't exist?? :roll:

On the other hand The ERC isn't too bad, as stated its a little more than the beginner class but with almost zero classroom. It's lacking in content. The way we fill in the gaps in NJ is to get into discussions in the classroom about hard braking, swerving, scanning etc. The funny thing about the new ERC is that in every chapter is basicaly says that if you are old you suck LOL!

People crashing their bikes in ERCs blows my mind! Nothing we ask people to do should end up in a crash. Running wide, sure. Crashing? Jeez, do they actually ride more than to the class that day? LOL.

·
Registered
153 Posts
DolphinGirl said:
Hmm i wonder if our system is different, i was told out here the intermediate is the same as basic but on your own bike. I'll probably skip the intermediate and do the experienced course this summer, especially since honda is paying for it, well reembuirsing the cost.

·
7,847 Posts
DolphinGirl said:
Visitor Q said:

Jason

Oh my GOD! Damn, that must have really sucked for that last guy. WOW!

Jason

ps. Is this the first and only time you taught this course?

·
Registered
90 Posts
CBRBob said:
People crashing their bikes in ERCs blows my mind! Nothing we ask people to do should end up in a crash. Running wide, sure. Crashing? Jeez, do they actually ride more than to the class that day? LOL.
I asked myself that very question

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mianus said:
Hmm i wonder if our system is different, i was told out here the intermediate is the same as basic but on your own bike. I'll probably skip the intermediate and do the experienced course this summer, especially since honda is paying for it, well reembuirsing the cost.
We do not offer an intermediate...Just Beginner and Experienced. There are talks of an Advanced class which would be like to moto-police training.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts