Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,
checking to see if anyone has tried or knows if the new cbr1000rr 09 mirrors will fit the 600rr, as i love these mirrors brackets and how they have the indicator built in etc..

and if not can anyone suggest a set that do fit that does have indicators built in and they do not require me drilling a hole in the fairing to get the wire through.

Im after a kit that can bolt on, and the wire goes through the stem and comes out under the fairing with NO DRILLING, as every kit i have seen incl drilling, except for the expensive FAR mirrors..

but would love for the cbr 1000rr ones to fit though :icon_lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, but yet to find a person doing it to the 05 as guys on that thread had the 07 moded..

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I might be a decade late to this chat, but leaving this here if anyone else found this thread by googling fitting Fireblade mirrors on the 600RR like I did and found nothing.

So I managed to fit the 2016 Fireblade mirrors (nothing special about 16' I think from 2012 or so they are the same) on my 2011 (same as 2008-2012) 600RR. I can still fold the mirrors as you can on the Fireblade as shown in the pictures and the indicators also work. But this job is not the most straight forward, I will detail below how I got them to fit.

First took off the 600RR mirrors and drill the thread out of the holes where the original nuts fit into place, because new mirrors won't go in otherwise, they are spaced a tiny bit bigger than the original 600RR mirrors. So next filed the holes vertically a couple millimeters to fit the new mirrors in. Attached a nut on the other side to hold the mirror in place (it feels very sturdy, can move the bike just off the mirrors).

For the electricals, you want to drill a hole through the middle to feed your cables through towards the dash. The hole is covered up by the mirrors anyway, so wouldn't worry about drilling. Note the Fireblade has 3 wires (live, ground and indicator signal. The live is the always on white light). So I spliced the wire from my rear brake light from my rear cowl and routed some copper cable through to the front for the running light, and also spliced my indicators to solder on the new indicator in parallel.

Final product I am very pleased with, the mirrors vibrate less than the 600RR's at higher speed. The mirrors fold and snap back into place precisely so makes for better storage/filtering (lane splitting) and also look better in my opinion.

Only downside, the mirrors are not perfectly flush against my fairings. So if you look at it from a closeup sideview you can tell they don't fit perfectly, but honestly no one but you is gonna notice.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Wheel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts