Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if a 4'x6' trailer bed area is long enough for a sportbike to fit on there, without the use of motorcycle rails (which allow the front wheel to overhang a few inches past the front of the bed). Or is 8' the minimum length needed to comfortably tow a sportbike when using a typical wheel chock rather than rails?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think you can fit two on the 4x6 trailer. Just make sure you get the tie downs.

·
Registered
820 Posts
i would feel safe to not use the tire chocks but if you made something even outta wood to hold it from wobling a little would be fine!

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
That trailer I think is a 5 x 8 not a 4 x 6. I think the 4 x 6 is a tight fit, length-wise. I know someone who had a 4 x 6 with a ramp and they couldn't close the ramp because the wheel was impeding it from folding up.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Oh yes, yes... 4 x 8. I have that very one. If you want to do a 4 x 6, you can, but you need rails. If so, let me know. I have two rails doing nothing in my garage. Heavy duty.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've got a 4'x7' mesh floor trailer with ramp. I bought a $70 front wheel chock and Canyon Dancers and comfortably made a 800 mile trip. Just about the cheapest route you can go, cost me right at about $650 total

·
Registered
116 Posts
I use a 4'X6' with a wheel chock and its a tight fit but my 03 as well as my wife's R6 fit on it. I had to make extensions on the from to tie off with two bikes but it works. I use cheapo harbor freight wheel chocks and they work great.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96349

I have to compress the forks on the both so the ramp gate closes. If your going to use it lots go for the 8' footer to save your suspension. We only trailer ours about 2 or 3 times a year to the track so no big deal for us.

Good luck,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts