Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't ridden yet with my laptop (never had the need) BUT i got a North Face SURGE TRANSIT BACKPACK.

It has a separate padded compartment for your laptop. I love all the extra straps (sternum strap and removable waist belt) which would avoid the bag from being flung from sided to side through turns and high speeds.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I use an Oakley Kitchen Sink backpack. It's an amazing backpack. Of course at $200 it damn well better be haha. It was a birthday present from an ex Gf. About the only good thing that came from that mistake.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Swiss army is what I use, works great

·
Registered
718 Posts
There isn't a specific riding backpack available that fits my Asus Rog lol. I need a secondary laptop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Ogio-No-Drag-Mach-Backpack/dp/B0079QRRRM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1468213500&sr=8-4&keywords=ogio+motorcycle+bag

I commute with one of these, and i can get a 15" Macbook Pro, an extra helmet visor (in its dedicated pocket), and a pair of shoes in there without any issue. Its far more aerodynamic than any other messenger bag or backpack I've tried to ride with, and it doesn't have any extra straps or pull tabs that hang out and blow around in the wind. Everything tucks in nicely and stays nice and tight, even at high speeds. The left shoulder strap also unbuckles which makes it way easier to get in and out of with leather on than a regular backpack. Its a bit pricey, but its served me very well over the last few months.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I use this Factory Effex backpack that has a laptop sleeve in it's own compartment along with another main compartment that has a ton of space and I love it. The color, the size, the straps, everything about it is perfect for me and always suits my needs. Last Friday I went out and bought 15 vinyl albums at my local thrift shop and still had plenty of room in the bag along with all the other stuff I typically carry in it.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I use this Factory Effex backpack that has a laptop sleeve in it's own compartment along with another main compartment that has a ton of space and I love it. The color, the size, the straps, everything about it is perfect for me and always suits my needs. Last Friday I went out and bought 15 vinyl albums at my local thrift shop and still had plenty of room in the bag along with all the other stuff I typically carry in it.

I like that a lot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Me too, I bought a matching hoodie with it as well more than 2 years ago and they have both held up incredibly well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't ride to work as often as I used to, but when I did I just shoved everything into my North Face backpack. I've always wondered though, is there anything out there that actually protects the laptop in the event of a collision or accident?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Same, I have the Kriega R20 and I have the Kriega Laptop Sleeve which fits inside perfectly. I carry my 15in macbook in there.

I sell Kriega packs if you are interested in pricing.
I didn't know they made a laptop sleeve-- nice! How much is it?

·
Registered
823 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/Ogio-No-Drag-Mach-Backpack/dp/B0079QRRRM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1468213500&sr=8-4&keywords=ogio+motorcycle+bag

I commute with one of these, and i can get a 15" Macbook Pro, an extra helmet visor (in its dedicated pocket), and a pair of shoes in there without any issue. Its far more aerodynamic than any other messenger bag or backpack I've tried to ride with, and it doesn't have any extra straps or pull tabs that hang out and blow around in the wind. Everything tucks in nicely and stays nice and tight, even at high speeds. The left shoulder strap also unbuckles which makes it way easier to get in and out of with leather on than a regular backpack. Its a bit pricey, but its served me very well over the last few months.
I have the Ogio as well and I like it a lot!

·
Registered
49 Posts

I love mine, but this has got me thinking...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love mine, but this has got me thinking...
I've got a Colombia backpack that is very similar to that North Face bag you mentioned with the chest and torso straps, and the the Ogio No Drag bag is a huge improvement. I didn't really notice there was so much drag on the backpack until I tried out the Ogio. Plus, if you're carrying extra visors, its worth it just for that. That being said, the normal backpack, especially if you use those extra straps, does work just fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts